Timeline
21 minutes ago, andrew2005 said:

Could you share a bit more about your case:

Date you filled?

Local Field Office?

5 years/3 years? 90 days prior :)

9 minutes ago, sheima said:

congrats and can you share your timeline

Filed 07/13/24 under the 5 year rule (I needed a break from paperwork for a while!). Local office is Salt Lake City. Re-using biometrics. 

Can anyone remind me what I should expect at the interview?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ajmhutton said:

Filed 07/13/24 under the 5 year rule (I needed a break from paperwork for a while!). Local office is Salt Lake City. Re-using biometrics. 

- Just have your original documents that you have submitted

- download the 2008 Civic test on Uscis website

- on the same Uscis website there is a self civic test practice option that you can use to test your self

- be there early before your time

- pray to get same day oath ceremony. good luck

Edited by sheima

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 8/27/2024 at 8:35 AM, ajmhutton said:

Congrats! I also filed under the 5 years rule, hopefully I'll get updates soon although I doubt mine will be fast since my field office is in chicago. 

My timeline

Naturalization pending (5 years rule)

Local USCIS office: Chicago, IL

07/24/2024 Case submitted online

07/24/2024 Biometrics waived

09/12/2024 Interview scheduled

10/31/2024 Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Filed 07/25/2024 (5 year rule).  Have had a GC for over 20 years.

FO:  Portland OR.

Got NOA and Biometrics reused notice on 07/25.

08/28/2024:  Interview scheduled notice  (for 10/09/2024)..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/8/2024 at 4:18 PM, Marzipan-59 said:

I saw your timeline and I think I am right behind you, also San Antonio FO. Please keep us posted when you hear back! 

Hey, any news on your end so far ?
I see someone else posted on San Antonio FO timeline that they filed on 8/8/2024 and already have interview date for 9/24/2024. LOL! 

I still heard nothing back on my case tho filed on 7/7/2024. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, DimaSta4321 said:

I see someone else posted on San Antonio FO timeline that they filed on 8/8/2024 and already have interview date for 9/24/2024. LOL! 

Yes. That’s me. I and my wife applied on the 8/8/2024 with a couple of hours difference. She got her interview notice within 5 days and my application has no updates after that. 

19 hours ago, DimaSta4321 said:

Nothing yet, but I don't expect to hear back for a while because I applied exactly 90 days before my 5 year anniversary. Hope you hear back soon!

5 minutes ago, Marzipan-59 said:

Nothing yet, but I don't expect to hear back for a while because I applied exactly 90 days before my 5 year anniversary. Hope you hear back soon!

In that line, I dont see any benefit of applying those 90 days prior. I did apply 90 days prior but if they are going to see our applications after the 90 days, what is the point?

2 minutes ago, andrew2005 said:

In that line, I dont see any benefit of applying those 90 days prior. I did apply 90 days prior but if they are going to see our applications after the 90 days, what is the point?

oh I don't think that they would only look at it after 90 days, just that usually interviews are scheduled about a month ahead of time and probably around or after your 5th year anniversary, so I wouldn't expect to see any movement before the 60th day from application

Edited by Marzipan-59

11 minutes ago, andrew2005 said:

They cannot naturalize within this 90 days window, but they can definitely look into your file, process biometrics, do background search etc etc. Sometimes interviews are too scheduled within 90 days window.

So your case is not forgotten.

Edited by OldUser

5 hours ago, andrew2005 said:

As OldUser said, it can actually save some time for some applicants (I know not everyone has a fast process). One of my parents applied 90 days before their 5th year anniversary. Well, they became a citizen on their 5th year anniversary, so in that case it helped as they were done much earlier than if they had sent the application past their 5th year anniversary.

Again, I know not everyone benefits from it (I applied early too, 5-year rule, and it took me 14 months to become a citizen 😆)

Edited by peachlings

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.