Elllena

N-400 July 2024 Filers

260 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, Boiler said:

I have noticed that prior to previous elections they seem to have a push to get as many people naturalised as possible.

I strongly doubt that, more likely that upcoming elections motivate a number of people with very simple cases to file.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GothamJellyDonut said:

I strongly doubt that, more likely that upcoming elections motivate a number of people with very simple cases to file.  

The vast majority of cases are very simple. Sometimes we see more interesting ones on VJ but the people I personally know, I would describe their cases as very simple.

Neither of us can prove this unless there is some sort of official statement and it could be coincidental but it seems to happen prior to every election.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 hours ago, sriarteria said:

How many of the july filers procrssing time changed to 4 months and after how many days of filing did that happen.

It appears inital processing time is 9 months then changes to 7 months after fingerprinting done or reuse notice issued. Then at sone point in 3 4 weeks it changes to 4 months .

Just checking the pattern

I filled on 07/27 and I still have 6 months. Not movement since then, I got biometric reused the same day.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
36 minutes ago, andrew2005 said:

I filled on 07/27 and I still have 6 months. Not movement since then, I got biometric reused the same day.

I would just ignore that number. Mine still shows "7 months" with the interview scheduled in 4 weeks.

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All, I am a silent reader of this site and I would check this almost everyday for N400 status.  
As I know it would benefit others the same way this has benefited me, I would like to share our timeline - both my husband and I have same timeline:

- Employment based Greencard Approval:                        October 11, 2019
   - Filed N400:                                                                        July 16, 2024  (within the 90 day early filing period)

- Receipt Notice Received:                                                  July 16, 2024
   - Biometrics Schedule Received:                                        July 16, 2024

- Biometrics Done:                                                               August 2, 2024
   - Interview Scheduled Notice:                                            August 21, 2024
   - Interview Date:                                                                  September 25, 2024
I will update this with interview details or in case interview gets rescheduled.  I hope this helps.  Thank you and good luck to all.

Edited by ChocoAlmondFudge

21 minutes ago, ChocoAlmondFudge said:

Hi All, I am a silent reader of this site and I would check this almost everyday for N400 status.  
As I know it would benefit others the same way this has benefited me, I would like to share our timeline - both my husband and I have same timeline:

- Filed N400:                                                                        July 16, 2024  (within the 90 day early filing period)

- Receipt Notice Received:                                                  July 16, 2024
   - Biometrics Schedule Received:                                        July 16, 2024

- Biometrics Done:                                                               August 2, 2024
   - Interview Scheduled Notice:                                            August 21, 2024
   - Interview Date:                                                                  September 25, 2024
I will update this with interview details or in case interview gets rescheduled.  I hope this helps.  Thank you and good luck to all.

Congratulations 

On 8/21/2024 at 8:57 AM, ChocoAlmondFudge said:

if the interview falls BEFORE the 5 year green card anniversary date, then the case will be denied..... you will have to end up doing 2 interviews... the immigration officer can NOT approve your case until AFTER the green card anniversary date

dont party just yet...

Edited by Mannydude22

Timeline

Yes, I agree, no partying until it gets approved.  From what I have read from others' experiences, if the applicant passes the tests, he can be approved even prior to his 5th year anniversary, but, will not be scheduled to take oath until after 5th anniversary.  I just pray that all goes well.  If it's not our time yet to get it, we can re-apply.   Whether I pass or not, I will share my experiences for those who can benefit from them.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, ChocoAlmondFudge said:

Yes, I agree, no partying until it gets approved.  From what I have read from others' experiences, if the applicant passes the tests, he can be approved even prior to his 5th year anniversary, but, will not be scheduled to take oath until after 5th anniversary.  I just pray that all goes well.  If it's not our time yet to get it, we can re-apply.   Whether I pass or not, I will share my experiences for those who can benefit from them.

One of the references I have read:  https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-if-my-n-400-interview-is-scheduled-before-5th-5992399.html
Yet, still, anything can happen.  We can only wish well for all of us.  Thank you.

On 8/22/2024 at 10:54 PM, Mannydude22 said:

if the interview falls BEFORE the 5 year green card anniversary date, then the case will be denied..... you will have to end up doing 2 interviews... the immigration officer can NOT approve your case until AFTER the green card anniversary date

dont party just yet...

No, case does not get denied.

The immigration officer can’t approve the case just yet, and the oath will of course have to be scheduled after the 5 year anniversary date. I know people who got scheduled interviews just before the anniversary date. Their case was not denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just received notice for my interview scheduling! I’ll post again when I have a date confirmed. I feel like things moved quickly. Time to get studying!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ajmhutton said:

Just received notice for my interview scheduling! I’ll post again when I have a date confirmed. I feel like things moved quickly. Time to get studying!

congrats and can you share your timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.