SL2024

Hepatitis B Question

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lee Thacket said:

What kind of proof do they ask for? Any? Or did they just accept what you said?

When I got to Visa Medicals they gave me 1 or 2 forms to complete while I waited and on one of the forms there was a question of there asking if I had Varicella before which I selected. The doctor or nurse (can't remember which) asked me about it as well as I had Varicella the same time as my brother (I think he has a scar on his chest from it) when we were younger so I told them about that and gave as much detail as I could about it. She seemed satisfied with the information I had provided her about it.

Did you receive a copy of your DS-3025 from Visa Medicals at all by email? If so, can you check yours please? I have just checked mine and there is a section that says Varicella and has 2 answers where the fields can be selected - Vaccine and Varicella History. The Varicella History one is selected on mine. If not, then you need to call them and ask them to send it over to you ASAP.

Edited by SL2024
-

Timeline
5 hours ago, SL2024 said:

When I got to Visa Medicals they gave me 1 or 2 forms to complete while I waited and on one of the forms there was a question of there asking if I had Varicella before which I selected. The doctor or nurse (can't remember which) asked me about it as well as I had Varicella the same time as my brother (I think he has a scar on his chest from it) when we were younger so I told them about that and gave as much detail as I could about it. She seemed satisfied with the information I had provided her about it.

Did you receive a copy of your DS-3025 from Visa Medicals at all by email? If so, can you check yours please? I have just checked mine and there is a section that says Varicella and has 2 answers where the fields can be selected - Vaccine and Varicella History. The Varicella History one is selected on mine. If not, then you need to call them and ask them to send it over to you ASAP.

I got given a few forms at the end of the medical. Presumably that was one of them. I got some vaccines at my GP surgery last week and a covid booster this afternoon. I asked Visa Medicals for a new form, but they said it could not be changed after going to the embassy. The pharmacist at Boots said I could not have the varicella vaccine as I have had the MMR vaccine in the last month. I may get a second opinion on that one.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Lee Thacket said:

I got given a few forms at the end of the medical. Presumably that was one of them. I got some vaccines at my GP surgery last week and a covid booster this afternoon. I asked Visa Medicals for a new form, but they said it could not be changed after going to the embassy. The pharmacist at Boots said I could not have the varicella vaccine as I have had the MMR vaccine in the last month. I may get a second opinion on that one.

Looking at the NHS page regarding the Varicella vaccine and it looks as if it says not to have the Varicella vaccine if it has been less than 4 weeks after your MMR vaccine but I think it is best if you speak to your GP about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.