SL2024

Hepatitis B Question

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lee Thacket said:

One thing no one has mentioned in this slightly side-tracked discussion about AOS is the political context.

You ARE out of status after 90 days. The labor union for border officers endorsed a particular political candidate in the 2016 Presidential election. No doubt they will be arguing for more funding whoever wins in November. I was just reading about the illegal activities of Joseph "Sheriff Joe" Arpaio who ended up getting pardoned. I am sure there are other local officials anxious to curry favor with their electorates.

So try not to wait. The past is not always a good guide to the future ....

There are many immigration lawyers on Tik Tok (please don't laugh at me for referencing Tik Tok) who are urging people to file their cases as soon as possible due to the current political climate. Elections are always a toss-up for governmental agencies and their priorities, this one more so than others. We are also looking at governmental funding running out in September (I believe) with Congress on summer recess now, meaning they have a short time to get funding packages passed once back in session. If not resolved this could lead to partial government shutdowns, and as we all are using governmental services at the moment...could impact our goals moving forward. 

All of these things have made my fiance and I consider getting married earlier upon his arrival on the K1 Visa (after the 1st of the year, fingers crossed!) so that we can file for AOS faster and hopefully get the NOA1 to prove his status that much sooner. 

Edited by ScarletWitch6x
It duplicated the text three time - so sorry!

Timeline
On 7/25/2024 at 6:25 PM, SL2024 said:

I had the Tetanus 10 year booster and Hepatitis B at the medical but they advised me to get the Covid booster vaccine which I have had since then. 

I had MMR vaccinations when I was younger and I had Varicella (Chickenpox) when younger too. Have you not had Varicella before then?

My fiance didn't think they were giving tetanus boosters in the UK anymore 😮 I am glad you mentioned it because I'm going to have him check his records to see if its something he needs, and maybe he can get it at his GP before the medical. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, ScarletWitch6x said:

There are many immigration lawyers on Tik Tok (please don't laugh at me for referencing Tik Tok) who are urging people to file their cases as soon as possible due to the current political climate. Elections are always a toss-up for governmental agencies and their priorities, this one more so than others. We are also looking at governmental funding running out in September (I believe) with Congress on summer recess now, meaning they have a short time to get funding packages passed once back in session. If not resolved this could lead to partial government shutdowns, and as we all are using governmental services at the moment...could impact our goals moving forward. 

All of these things have made my fiance and I consider getting married earlier upon his arrival on the K1 Visa (after the 1st of the year, fingers crossed!) so that we can file for AOS faster and hopefully get the NOA1 to prove his status that much sooner. 

I wasn't trying to scare you or anyone else in my comment. My guess is that there won't be any radical change in how immigration law is enforced after the November election.  I can't imagine K-1 visa holders who have not filed by day 91 will be hunted down and put in an Arizona detention camp!

If the federal government does shut down for a few days in the Fall it won't be the first time this has happened.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sadly the US has a very long campaign season, it seems to start soon after an election, not the 6 weeks in the UK.

Lawyer will use it to ramp up business, Politicians well they will do anything.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform has been talked about as long as I can remember, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, ScarletWitch6x said:

My fiance didn't think they were giving tetanus boosters in the UK anymore 😮 I am glad you mentioned it because I'm going to have him check his records to see if its something he needs, and maybe he can get it at his GP before the medical. 

In my case I decided to not to get any vaccinations before the medical as it says on Visa Medicals website and on the booking confirmation email to bring your vaccination records so they can review and then advise if you need any vaccinations on the day and I preferred them to tell me which ones are needed as they will know what is required for the USA. What I did do though was ring up my GP Surgery a week or 2 before I went to the medical and gave them the list of vaccinations that are listed online. They went and checked with a nurse/doctor and gave me a call back with the ones that they could do. When I was at my medical appointment I was told I needed a 10 year Tetanus booster and Hepatitis B vaccine by the nurse and I was happy to have the vaccines there.

The one vaccination on the confirmation booking email that they said needs to obtained privately is the Covid vaccine as they don't do it there. Don't quote me on this but I think they said I needed one because it had been more than 12 months since my last Covid booster vaccine (the last one I had was in 2022). I booked this with Boots and it cost about £95-£100.

I think vaccination requirements can vary for each person due to factors like age, etc from looking on the CDC site so I didn't want to make any assumptions on what I needed and decided to let a medical professional advise me on what was required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I got mine done at the Doctors Surgery, I prefer free.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I got mine done at the Doctors Surgery, I prefer free.

My GP Surgery didn't actually offer any of the vaccinations that I was advised I needed so that is another reason for me getting the vaccinations at my medical. Free vaccinations would have been better though haha

Edited by SL2024
-

Timeline
27 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

In my case I decided to not to get any vaccinations before the medical as it says on Visa Medicals website and on the booking confirmation email to bring your vaccination records so they can review and then advise if you need any vaccinations on the day and I preferred them to tell me which ones are needed as they will know what is required for the USA. What I did do though was ring up my GP Surgery a week or 2 before I went to the medical and gave them the list of vaccinations that are listed online. They went and checked with a nurse/doctor and gave me a call back with the ones that they could do. When I was at my medical appointment I was told I needed a 10 year Tetanus booster and Hepatitis B vaccine by the nurse and I was happy to have the vaccines there.

The one vaccination on the confirmation booking email that they said needs to obtained privately is the Covid vaccine as they don't do it there. Don't quote me on this but I think they said I needed one because it had been more than 12 months since my last Covid booster vaccine (the last one I had was in 2022). I booked this with Boots and it cost about £95-£100.

I think vaccination requirements can vary for each person due to factors like age, etc from looking on the CDC site so I didn't want to make any assumptions on what I needed and decided to let a medical professional advise me on what was required.

Yeah - that's a good point. It might be best for him to wait and let them tell him. I know he has everything except the covid booster, but I also know he dismissed the tetanus booster question when I asked because he's stubborn lol

Timeline

I had MMR, tetanus and hepatitus-B on Friday afternoon. Back at my medical on April 24th Visa Medicals said they could do my missing vaccines for GBP 250. A private GP practice locally offered to do them for GBP 450. In the event my GP practice did them for free. They could not do varicella so I will have to look elsewhere for that. Boots are doing my covid booster on Saturday for GBP 97.50.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lee Thacket said:

I had MMR, tetanus and hepatitus-B on Friday afternoon. Back at my medical on April 24th Visa Medicals said they could do my missing vaccines for GBP 250. A private GP practice locally offered to do them for GBP 450. In the event my GP practice did them for free. They could not do varicella so I will have to look elsewhere for that. Boots are doing my covid booster on Saturday for GBP 97.50.

That is quite a difference in price - just to confirm did you get the MMR, Tetanus and Hepatitis B vaccines at the Private GP practice? I found Boots good for the Covid booster vaccine.

Timeline
11 hours ago, SL2024 said:

That is quite a difference in price - just to confirm did you get the MMR, Tetanus and Hepatitis B vaccines at the Private GP practice? I found Boots good for the Covid booster vaccine.

Sorry, I could have structured that a bit better. The options I investigated were:

(1) Visa Medicals doing everything for GBP 250

(2) a private clinic doing everything for GBP 450

(3) my GP practice doing everything except varicella at a hopefully lower cost

Some people have experienced problems getting their GP practice to do the vaccinations. Presumably this is because they do not consider giving vaccines to healthy adults for immigration purposes part of their NHS contract.

Anyway, in the event I was given all the vaccines I needed except varicella and the covid 19 booster. It was free. I am having the covid booster at Boots on Saturday afternoon for GBP 97.50.

Timeline
11 hours ago, milimelo said:

Varicella should be marked as not age appropriate for most people as you probably had it when you were a child. 

There is no record of me having chicken pox as a child or being vaccinated against it. Therefore I have to have it.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lee Thacket said:

Sorry, I could have structured that a bit better. The options I investigated were:

Some people have experienced problems getting their GP practice to do the vaccinations. Presumably this is because they do not consider giving vaccines to healthy adults for immigration purposes part of their NHS contract.

Anyway, in the event I was given all the vaccines I needed except varicella and the covid 19 booster. It was free. I am having the covid booster at Boots on Saturday afternoon for GBP 97.50.

I think Boots do Varicella as well and think it’s 2 doses for a full course. Not sure how many doses you are planning on having though?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lee Thacket said:

Also it’s good that your GP Surgery was able to do those vaccines as mine barely did any of the ones that I required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.