mangoboba

ATTENTION: APPOINTMENTS NOW AVAILABLE AT US EMBASSY IN MANILA FOR K1 VISA APPLICANTS

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is how you get their attention...ever since this stupid ambassador  MaryKay Loss Carlson has gotten involved there are no appointments available....literally she is no competent to run an embassy. This woman is absolutely incompetent and congress just does not know. We can do press releases she needs to get relieved of her duty. 

Hi everyone,

We're all struggling with K1 visa appointment delays at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Let's take action together:

1. **File a Complaint (or a joint complaint) with the OIG**: [File a Complaint with OIG](https://oig.state.gov/hotline)...WE CAN FILE A JOINT COMPLAINT
2. **Contact the Bureau of Consular Affairs**: Email CA-Press@state.gov, Phone (202) 647-4000
3. **Petition for Congressional Help**: Start a petition on Change.org
4. **Send a Letter to the Ambassador**: Address it to Ambassador MaryKay Loss Carlson, U.S. Embassy Manila, 1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita, Manila 1000, Philippines
5. **Engage with Media**: Use the press release template below.

Press Release Template:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Group Calls for Action on K1 Visa Delays at U.S. Embassy Manila

[City, State, Date] – Hundreds of people are experiencing long delays in getting K1 visa appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Despite checking the U.S. Travel Docs website frequently, no appointments are available. This is causing severe distress.

Many believe the embassy is not short-staffed but inefficiently managed under Ambassador MaryKay Loss Carlson. Complaints have surged since she took over.

"We have tried contacting the embassy multiple times with no success," said a group representative. "This is affecting our lives and trust in the consular services."

The group urges immediate action to clear the backlog and improve scheduling. If not resolved, they will file a complaint with the OIG, seek help from Congress, and engage with the media.

For more information, contact:
[Group Contact Information]

About [Your Group's Name]
[Your Group's Name] is a collective of individuals affected by K1 visa delays at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, advocating for timely visa processing.

###

Let's get the attention our cases deserve.

Timeline

if anyone having the same trouble you can DM me and we can make a joint complaint....its not gonna get solved...we been trying for 5 weeks....will our approvals expire? 

if anyone having the same trouble you can DM me and we can make a joint complaint....its not gonna get solved...we been trying for 5 weeks....will our approvals expire? 

Timeline

I am not aware of any "trick" that allows you to check for appointments on US Travel Docs every 30 minutes without getting "Rate Limited". I have scoured the internet and this website and I cannot find anything.

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

I have been "rate limited" for 4 days. 
I have only been able to check once and have never been able to access the website since.
Does anyone know if when I check the website if that "starts the clock" all over again being "rate limited?"
Any advice? It's really frustrating not being able to schedule this last step.

Final question - What happens if this continues past our NOA expiration date?!

27 minutes ago, WCF said:

I have been "rate limited" for 4 days. 
I have only been able to check once and have never been able to access the website since.
Does anyone know if when I check the website if that "starts the clock" all over again being "rate limited?"
Any advice? It's really frustrating not being able to schedule this last step.

Final question - What happens if this continues past our NOA expiration date?!

My non-scientific speculation about the rate limiting issue is that it's a primitive defense against scripting.  It seems maybe more likely to be triggered by rapidly clicking through screens as obviously you would naturally do. Possibly a slow motion approach deliberately spacing out mouse clicks by a significant amount of time helps(???).   Also,  assuming you have everything completed correctly already, upon your original log in, if there are any dates at all available it will say "first date available Aug 18" etc in the lower left main screen.  If its blank there, it's no use clicking through to the no dates available calendar and getting rate limited.  Rate limiting goes away after an hour or so.  Try again a little less aggressively.  If you get the 48 hour ban its more serious.  I also have noticed it actively blocks IPs associated with VPN's so that's a no no.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline

I have a ustraveldocs portal question... In the image below, will I see open interview dates here if there are any available or do I have to click on continue and open the calendar to see them?

IMG_3355.jpg

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

3 hours ago, Edward and Jaycel said:

I have a ustraveldocs portal question... In the image below, will I see open interview dates here if there are any available or do I have to click on continue and open the calendar to see them?

IMG_3355.jpg

I'm very interested in the answer to this question. I have been checking for an appointment multiple times a day and I have never seen anything in this area that you've circled. 

I have read people mentioning "a calendar" here, but I have never seen one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.