Phytia

CIVIL DOCS - Copy of Death Certificate

7 posts in this topic

My mom's I-130 got approved, and I submitted all the requests, but there is an issue with the death certificate of my father. We have the original copy of my dad's death certificate from Philippine Statistic's Office. The issue now is NVC keeps sending me, "Please replace this with an acceptable divorce, annulment, or death certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines." It does not make sense because my mom's previous marriage (1st marriage) is of my dad's, which proves that the marriage ended in the death of my dad. 

I messaged CEAC, thinking maybe I can redo her DS260, and they just told me:

We received your inquiry regarding missing, incomplete, or incorrect information on the DS-260 (Online Immigrant Visa Application and Registration Form) submitted online. Unfortunately we are unable to reopen the form for corrections at this time.

At the time of the applicant's interview, you may notify the consular officer of any information which you were unable to modify in the DS-260 form.

In CEAC, all documents have been successfully accepted online, except my dad's death certificate, which has a note "Submitted" and no other update.

Please advise, thank you.

Did you check this page?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Philippines.html

It explains what US expects when it comes to Death Certificates from Phillippines.

Document Name: Death Certificate

Issuing Authority: Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Printed on PSA controlled color paper with serial # and security features and PSA logo. Signed (electronically) by the National Statistician and Civil Registrar General.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: National Statistician and Civil Registrar General

Registration Criteria: All civil documents must be timely registered in accordance with PSA criteria,  Registration shall come from originating offices stated in the Issuing Authority, who should submit all vital statistics/civil records to the PSA government agency including late registrations.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Just like any other lacking documents or documents that needed to be updated must be scanned before your interview date.

ex. NBI.

2. When the embassy will start to contact you, there will be a reminder that if you needed to change something on yours DS260. you will have to call or email the embassy that you needed your DS 260 be opened again.

NOTE: JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU SCAN ALL NEW DOCUMENTS THAT YOU WANT TO PRESENT AS AN EVIDENCE, JUST ADD IT IN YOUR CEAC, THAT THEY CAN SEE IT WHEN THEY EED IT, OTHERWISE, AT THE INTERVIEW, THE ONE WHO CHECK FOR COMPLETNESS OF YOUR PAPERS, WIILL ASK YOU TO LOOK FOR A PC/ SCANNER BEFOREYOUR INTERVIEW. (A BIG HASSLE)

Edited by nelmagriffin

21 hours ago, OldUser said:

Did you check this page?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Philippines.html

It explains what US expects when it comes to Death Certificates from Phillippines.

Document Name: Death Certificate

Issuing Authority: Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Printed on PSA controlled color paper with serial # and security features and PSA logo. Signed (electronically) by the National Statistician and Civil Registrar General.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: National Statistician and Civil Registrar General

Registration Criteria: All civil documents must be timely registered in accordance with PSA criteria,  Registration shall come from originating offices stated in the Issuing Authority, who should submit all vital statistics/civil records to the PSA government agency including late registrations.

Yes, I even asked my mom to get my dad's death cert from PSA. Once my mom had the doc on hand, she uploaded the death cert to CEAC. I have no idea why CEAC still sent me this message:

Please replace this with an acceptable divorce, annulment, or death certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines."

1 hour ago, nelmagriffin said:

1. Just like any other lacking documents or documents that needed to be updated must be scanned before your interview date.

ex. NBI.

2. When the embassy will start to contact you, there will be a reminder that if you needed to change something on yours DS260. you will have to call or email the embassy that you needed your DS 260 be opened again.

NOTE: JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU SCAN ALL NEW DOCUMENTS THAT YOU WANT TO PRESENT AS AN EVIDENCE, JUST ADD IT IN YOUR CEAC, THAT THEY CAN SEE IT WHEN THEY EED IT, OTHERWISE, AT THE INTERVIEW, THE ONE WHO CHECK FOR COMPLETNESS OF YOUR PAPERS, WIILL ASK YOU TO LOOK FOR A PC/ SCANNER BEFOREYOUR INTERVIEW. (A BIG HASSLE)

1. Yes, I am aware of this, and I already uploaded everything requested to CEAC, and sent them copies.

2. I do not think the embassy will contact me since there is still a pending issue about providing my dad's cert - which does not make sense. Since, my mom already uploaded the death cert to CEAC, and it still shows submitted. Maybe, I should wait a bit. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

True, I just wanted to make sure that every document that you add must be scanned, that's all. I had two of my brothers who came as well, one, was asked as well and that every time they asked a document I also scanned and downloaded it, so that there will be no problem, you are almost there. Good;uck!

On 6/30/2024 at 10:06 AM, nelmagriffin said:

True, I just wanted to make sure that every document that you add must be scanned, that's all. I had two of my brothers who came as well, one, was asked as well and that every time they asked a document I also scanned and downloaded it, so that there will be no problem, you are almost there. Good;uck!

Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.