tnkim

R2-E Documents for K1

11 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, my fiance and I got the blue slip OF-194. Personally I felt that we were too nervous and stumbled over some of the answers, and that may have played a big role in our getting the blue slip.

We are under under R2-E, administrative review requesting for more relationship evidence.

I've attached the OF-194 to this post.

So basically, we need to submit online the following 3 items:

* Spousal relationship evidence form: this one we download online as listed on the OF-194 and fill out

* OF-194: scan the blue slip and attach it with the other two uploads

* Relationship Evidence: for this, I've include the following

- 21 pictures of fiance and I, including: with family, on vacation in Viet Nam, engagement party/ceremony with both sides of the family. In chronological order, with date and explanation for each picture. Pictures are from 2 separate in-person meeting since April 2023.

- boarding passes with passport stamps

- receipts with date and explanation in chronological order

- money remittance through Remitly

- screenshots of text and video chats on Facebook Messenger, in chronological order

So we're limited to only 2 uploads, with each upload limited to maximum file size of 3MB.

I'm doing good to fit most of the Relationship Evidence in the 3MB file size limit so far. Any ideas on what I'm missing in this section so far?

Also, I'm not sure what to attach the scanned OF-194 to. Should I attach it to the Spousal Relationship Evidence form or to the Relationship Evidence itself?

So far, I've been able to compressed the filled-out Spousal relationship evidence form to under 1MB and the scanned OF-194 to also under 1MB. I was thinking of combining both of these into 1 upload, and have the Relationship Evidence as its own upload.

upload_web.png

of-194_resized.pdf

OK, so after 4 days of working on this, I finally turned in the requested documentation.

I will chronicle what I did so if anyone run into a similar situation as my fiance and I did, hopefully this thread / post will be helpful.

So the thing is the website, as of this writing 6/29/2024, only allows 2 uploads, with each upload limited to 3MB.

I have to get creative to squeeze in as much content as possible. For me, I converted all JPG and PNG images into WEBP images. Then I also decrease the size of the WEBP images. You can do this in any order (decrease size of JPG/PNG image first, then convert to WEBP ... or convert to WEBP first, then decrease size). As long as the chosen images are of acceptable smaller size and quality to you.

I also turn all final submitted documents into PDF and further decrease the PDF size. You can find these programs to convert and decrease the size of files online.

* Spousal relationship evidence form: this one we download online as listed on the OF-194 and fill out

- for the Relationship Timeline section, I tried to be detailed as possible while remaining succinct. This section turns out to be a little bit over 2 pages of writing for me.

* OF-194: scan the blue slip and attach it with the Relationship Evidence

* Relationship Evidence: for this, I've include the following

- 23 pictures of fiance and I, including: with family, on vacation in Viet Nam, engagement party/ceremony with both sides of the family. Pictures are from 2 separate in-person meeting since April 2023. Picture pages had 8 pictures per page (except for last page), each picture with date and caption underneath. In chronological order.

- 6 boarding passes with passport stamps (I saw my fiance in-person 3 times). In chronological order and captioned.

- money remittance summary through Remitly in chronological order and captioned.

- 6 legible receipts for purchases and hotel with date and explanation in chronological order, also captioned for each receipt

- 24 screenshots of selected Facebook Messenger messages, in chronological order and captioned for each screenshot

- 6 pages of audio/video call logs from Facebook Messenger, with Date, Time of Call, who called who, and Call Duration. In chronological order.

So the OF-194 (1 page) and the Relationship Evidence (21 pages) documents combined for a total of 22 pages. I was able to shrink the two combined documents into 1 PDF document under 3MB. I felt that the quality of the images were very acceptable (I had my fiance and some other people took a look to see if they can see the pictures and writing).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do you remember the questions they asked you and your Fiancee? And did they allow you to be next to your Fiancee during the interview? My Fiancee and I have been so stressed over this. Lots of blue slips at HCMC Embassy. 

K-1 Journey:

Service Center: California Service Center

Transferred: No
U.S. Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent: December 04, 2023 

I-129F Received: December 07, 2023 

I-129F NOA1: December 11, 2023
I-129F RFE(s): None

I-129F NOA2: April 18, 2024
Case Sent to NVC: April 19, 2024 

NVC Case #, IIN, and BIN Assigned: May 7, 2024

Case Left NVC: May 21, 2024 

Consulate Received: May 23, 2024 

Packet 3 Received: June 2, 2024 

Packet 3 Sent: June 3, 2024 

Interview Date: September 30, 2024

Interview Result: Approved! 

Visa Received: October 5, 2024

Timeline

I saw on an earlier post about finalizing documents that you were going to bring a family tree with relationship to fiance/fiancee. Did they not accept it or something? Or is this different from the spousal relationship evidence form.

K-1 Journey:

3 hours ago, ToNhi said:

I saw on an earlier post about finalizing documents that you were going to bring a family tree with relationship to fiance/fiancee. Did they not accept it or something? Or is this different from the spousal relationship evidence form.

Some questions I remembered:

- How did you and your fiancee meet? I had my brother introduced us so I said that and elaborate. Also asked my fiancee this question.

- How often do we talk / chat / video each other?

- Asked my fiancee what I do for a living, and what did I talk to her about my work?

Asked to see pictures, and chat logs. Unfortunately, I didn't have audio/video chat logs with me at the interview, but only screenshots of Facebook Messenger conversations.

Did not asked for family tree, or I-134 documentation, or anything else that I remembered. Looking back, maybe I should have force the issue and give the family tree along with the pictures.

The family tree that we brought to the interview was a bit more simplified and not as thorough as the one requested on the Spousal Relationship Evidence form.

The spousal relationship evidence form is basically:

- how, when, where wet met

- relationship timeline (chronological, I had like a bit over 2 pages of this)

- listing of 3 generations of her family (grandparents, her parents and their siblings, herself and her siblings)

- listing of 3 generations of my family (grandparents, my parents and their siblings, myself and my siblings)

Timeline

I've been super stressed about this too. For your suggestion, do you recommend we bring tons of photos and the Family Tree/ Spousal Relationship Evidence Form. And they want chat logs? Not screenshots??? I don't even know how to get chat logs, lol. Looks like HCMC Embassy is a tough nut to crack. Do you have any recommendations for evidences to submit. Looks like they won't even accept the evidence even if presented to them. 

K-1 Journey:

5 hours ago, ToNhi said:

I've been super stressed about this too. For your suggestion, do you recommend we bring tons of photos and the Family Tree/ Spousal Relationship Evidence Form. And they want chat logs? Not screenshots??? I don't even know how to get chat logs, lol. Looks like HCMC Embassy is a tough nut to crack. Do you have any recommendations for evidences to submit. Looks like they won't even accept the evidence even if presented to them. 

I would bring the family tree and show / give it if asked. Bring pictures, but organized and dated, with location and maybe a little caption/backstory of what the picture is showing.

The Spousal Relationship Evidence Form, I think, is only needed if you receive a blue slip since the blue slip has a link to it and is required for my R2-E case.

I feel screenshots would be OK, but if you can get chat logs, that would be good. They can ask questions about how often you two talk, and you can show the chat logs to show concrete evidence.

If you're using Facebook Messenger, to get the chat logs: you can request that from Facebook. But the data is not organized, so you need something to organize the data. I was in a rush for time, so I paid $19.99 to have it organized.

I would have the following evidence (which I did, but did not show since I panic and didn't think things through during the interview):

- pictures of you two, in various settings. of you two and also family if you have any. Dated, location, captioned

- boarding passes, passport stamps

- receipts of purchases, hotels, etc

- money remittance, gifts

- screenshots of chats, audio / video logs if possible

- anything else that you think will help

Timeline
On 7/1/2024 at 12:41 AM, ToNhi said:

Under settings -> Download your information then you narrow down what exactly you are looking.  That's what I did for mine but.... we text in Vietnamese.  First my initial K1 I just submitted it something we can continue later if necessary and translate it.  But chat logs aren't required.  

Timeline
On 6/26/2024 at 10:47 PM, tnkim said:

Unfortunately, my fiance and I got the blue slip OF-194. Personally I felt that we were too nervous and stumbled over some of the answers, and that may have played a big role in our getting the blue slip.

We are under under R2-E, administrative review requesting for more relationship evidence.

I've attached the OF-194 to this post.

* Spousal relationship evidence form: this one we download online as listed on the OF-194 and fill out

* OF-194: scan the blue slip and attach it with the other two uploads

* Relationship Evidence: for this, I've include the following

- 21 pictures of fiance and I, including: with family, on vacation in Viet Nam, engagement party/ceremony with both sides of the family. In chronological order, with date and explanation for each picture. Pictures are from 2 separate in-person meeting since April 2023.

- boarding passes with passport stamps

- receipts with date and explanation in chronological order

- money remittance through Remitly

- screenshots of text and video chats on Facebook Messenger, in chronological order

So we're limited to only 2 uploads, with each upload limited to maximum file size of 3MB.

I'm doing good to fit most of the Relationship Evidence in the 3MB file size limit so far. Any ideas on what I'm missing in this section so far?

Also, I'm not sure what to attach the scanned OF-194 to. Should I attach it to the Spousal Relationship Evidence form or to the Relationship Evidence itself?

So far, I've been able to compressed the filled-out Spousal relationship evidence form to under 1MB and the scanned OF-194 to also under 1MB. I was thinking of combining both of these into 1 upload, and have the Relationship Evidence as its own upload.

upload_web.png

of-194_resized.pdfUnavailable

When you say stumble what does that mean?  Was it completely wrong?  

4 hours ago, Phamas said:

When you say stumble what does that mean?  Was it completely wrong?  

Like stuttering, asking to repeat questions (it was hard to hear through the glass and the interviewer was asking some questions while turning away from the microphone).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.