Valynrax

Medical Expiration while Embassy has documents

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My Fiancée had her interview May 23rd, she was told at the interview she was approved. Their (Fiancée & her daughter) passports were taken at the embassy at the end of the interview. She explained to the interviewer that she is trying to plan to fly out of the country June 17th, as her Medical expires June 19th. The interviewer said that her visa would be issued by then and not to worry. I/we understand that the word of the interviewer is not a guarantee. We noticed the visa was updated Tuesday May 28th, and again Monday June 3rd.

Having heard nothing from the Embassy by June 10th, 12 working days since interview, we submitted an inquiry to ensure that there was nothing the embassy was waiting for on our end and we accidentally missed. This inquiry has yet to be answered as of the time of this posting. On June 18th/19th (late UK time), my Fiancée submitted another inquiry due to the expiration of the Medical, asking about how she can get their passports back so that she may do the medical again, as we know that due to it expiring she will not be issued a visa.

The CEAC status still shows "Application Received", last updated June 3rd. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or insight into this? Should we just wait out the inquiries, or is there something else we can do? Any advice is greatly appreciated as we feel something is wrong, but have gotten no answers or indication as to what may or may not be happening with her application & status.

I found this on US/UK embassy official website:

(https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-faqs/medical-examination-2/)

image.png.04cf430e05e38cb452402793c906a98d.png

I would possibly count this as 'circumstances beyond your control' but it looks like that leads to a new medical and new visa fees regardless. It's hard to say if the consular officer your fiancé saw will be able to make exceptions, but I think you'll have to repeat the medical and get a new visa issued. 

We also seen that information on the embassy site. The confusing part for us is that we don't have the visa yet - we were given verbal approval at the interview, but as we all know that doesn't guarantee the actual visa.

Having no visa in hand, and not having her passport back we aren't sure how to move forward unless the embassy replies to us. Hopefully since the visa was never issued, we do not need to worry about explaining why we didn't use the visa, as we never had it. I know for sure we'll need to do the medical, and probably some sort of visa fee, but we just can't get an answer on how to move forward. This seems very rare too, I have yet to be able to find anyone online that has had a similar situation, of those that posted their timelines around the time of ours, I believe all but one has their visa already.

Thank you for your insight 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.