widude

Who Creates Account? Petitioner or Beneficiary?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now that our 129F is at the NVC, I’m trying to look ahead a little. Poking around the Manila Embassy site they have a link for Visa documents. I come to this screenshot about creating an account.

Are these steps the beneficiary must do? 
Thanks. 

IMG_1468.png

Timeline

You are correct.  This is the account that will be used to schedule the interview.  Most of it can be filled out (and saved) in advance, but until you have submitted and paid for the DS-160, you will not be able to fully complete the application or see appointment availability.

Timeline

Thanks, I’m of course waiting for the NVC receipt anyway. So once the DS-160 is done, there’s no expiration date?  That could be done, then later check for interview dates?

I think I realize can’t really look for an interview and medical until the package will be in Manila, from the NVC?

Speaking of medical, that scheduling seems easier? Is there a gap limit on that, before the interview? Like could one do it a month prior? Yes there are travel issues. 

6 minutes ago, widude said:

Thanks, I’m of course waiting for the NVC receipt anyway. So once the DS-160 is done, there’s no expiration date?  That could be done, then later check for interview dates?

I think I realize can’t really look for an interview and medical until the package will be in Manila, from the NVC?

Speaking of medical, that scheduling seems easier? Is there a gap limit on that, before the interview? Like could one do it a month prior? Yes there are travel issues. 

At the NVC stage, the only email on record is the US citizen petitioner's. So the Packet 3 and Packet 4 notifications are going to the US petitioner even though those consulate-level steps are the responsibility of the K1 beneficiary's.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/783731-dl-160-form-must-be-signed-by-the-beneficiary/?do=findComment&comment=10674918

With that said, the petitioner can certainly help the beneficiary completing the DS-160 and UStravelDocs. And I recommend using Zoom or Google Meet to complete the DS-160 and UStravelDocs together in presentation view. The email of record for the DS-160 and UStravelDocs should technically be the beneficiary's.

The validity period of the DS-160 depends on each consulate process, but I don't think it has no expiration. The interview needs to be conducted within 6 months of the start of the medical.

Timeline

DS-160 is valid for one year.

Medical can be done early, but the visa expiration date is tied to the medical exam date, so you don't want to be TOO early because it will limit the time left to enter the US after the interview.

50 minutes ago, J.M. said:

DS-160 is valid for one year.

Medical can be done early, but the visa expiration date is tied to the medical exam date, so you don't want to be TOO early because it will limit the time left to enter the US after the interview.

@widude 

Also, the validity of the medical abroad form DS-3025 for the I-485 AOS filing is 1 year from the start of the medical.

I'm not at your point yet, but on "Step 5" of completing your account information on the ustraveldocs the following is confusing, but I believe this is what is wanted:

"priority date" = NOA1 date

"case ID" = NVC case number

Also know where you want your visa mailed, home address of your Pinay or if she lives in the country you may want to send it to the nearest LBC office, that is what I am doing since my Pinay is a province girl.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.