vamphog

June 2024 i130 filers for Parents of USC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all,

I read through the forum but could not find a topic for June 2024 filers of i130 for parents of USC.

My mother is in the USA, she has humanitarian parole and TPS as well. I filed i130 online on June 20th, 2024.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Little update:

Filed i130 on June 20, 2024 online

Filed i485 package with i864 in it on July 22nd,2024 via UPS

July 24th, 2024 - USCIS added the case to my mother’s account and scanned some of the documents from that package that we sent

July 25th, 2024 - biometric reuse notice appeared under the Documents tab

… to be continued …

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Little update:

Filed i130 on June 20, 2024 online

Filed i485 package with i864 in it on July 22nd,2024 via UPS

July 24th, 2024 - USCIS added the case to my mother’s account and scanned some of the documents from that package that we sent

July 25th, 2024 - biometric reuse notice appeared under the Documents tab

August 2nd, 2024 - RFE sent: they want Medical exam i 693 and they want that I fix some mistakes I made on 864 form.

August 28th, 2024 - we responded to RFE and sent a new package with all the docs they wanted

Sept 9th, 2024 - Notice appeared in the online USCIS account that they received the RFE response and started reviewing the case again

…to be continued…

Hello I am planning to file I-130 for my mother abroad . I see the processing times at all service centers is 15.5 months , but they are also showing field offices and other offices which is like 60 months . Which processing time I should expect if my mom lives in India . My guess is aos and other forms are processed at local offices but the relative not in USA should be following all service center processing ???? Please help 

4 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

Hello I am planning to file I-130 for my mother abroad . I see the processing times at all service centers is 15.5 months , but they are also showing field offices and other offices which is like 60 months . Which processing time I should expect if my mom lives in India . My guess is aos and other forms are processed at local offices but the relative not in USA should be following all service center processing ???? Please help 

It won't be processed at a field office, so use the 15.5 months as a rough guide but bear in mind it can change and timelines can get slower or faster depending on demand. 

The overall timescale will also depend on the wait for an interview at her consulate, that can vary hugely. The I-130 is only the first step in the process. 

Good luck. 

34 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It won't be processed at a field office, so use the 15.5 months as a rough guide but bear in mind it can change and timelines can get slower or faster depending on demand. 

The overall timescale will also depend on the wait for an interview at her consulate, that can vary hugely. The I-130 is only the first step in the process. 

Good luck. 

Okay thank you !!

8 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Good luck. 

And after this the case goes to NVC and they have their time frames .. to review documents and case creation. 
regardless which country the beneficiary is from . ??? After that they will send the interview date ? 

30 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

And after this the case goes to NVC and they have their time frames .. to review documents and case creation. 
regardless which country the beneficiary is from . ??? After that they will send the interview date ? 

Yes, the NVC case creation and document review is the same no matter which country. The timescales will on the NVC processing times page when you get to that stage. 

But after that an interview is scheduled and that's where the difference is - some countries are only a couple of months from DQ to interview date, others are a couple of years. No idea where India falls between those, but a search of the forum will tell you. 

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.