permanentresident

where did you apply for your immigrant visa or adjustment of status.

27 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone can help me answer this question to retrieve my stolen green. since i didn't file by myself and me and my spouse separated i can't seem to figure out this question of the form I-90.  My wife file for me while she was living in Massachusetts and i was in  Accra Ghana 

where did you apply for your immigrant visa or adjustment of status ?

where was your immigrant visa or adjustment of status granted?

Did you enter the united states with an immigrant visa ? which i did with a 6months visa and had to get my green card when i got here but i am not sure if it was applied when we got here or it was in the motion to deliver to us when we got here so i am confused on the part where it says if you received your green card by applying for permanent resident status after you entered the united states, then you did not enter with an immigrant visa  .

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Going on  the information you have given in your question.. assuming the “entered with a 6 month visa “ refers to a spouse immigration visa and not a tourist visa … 

You interviewed for your  immigrant visa at the US Consulate in your home country.

Yes you entered using an immigrant visa 

The Consulate  .. city and country  is the full answer..    is the “Place” 

The green card you received is evidence of your status only. You became an Permanent resident the moment you were permitted to enter into the US on your arrival 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, permanentresident said:

Thank you so much but i understand one thing not the other two, so the consulate in my home country Ghana will be the answer for the first two questions. see attachedment pls. thank you?IMG_4254.thumb.jpg.26f26a42338d2be94edf6588e9a02d43.jpg

Same answer as #1 in your situation   

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

This is very important question which determines whether OP should be filing I-90 at all or needs to focus on I-751.

Was 10 year card . But my son also have a two year card that was suppose to be followed up 90 days before expire that didnot happened and I just found out 2 weeks ago . Any knowledge will be appreciated 

38 minutes ago, permanentresident said:

Was 10 year card . But my son also have a two year card that was suppose to be followed up 90 days before expire that didnot happened and I just found out 2 weeks ago . Any knowledge will be appreciated 

Please clarify:

1. Date of marriage 

2. Date YOU entered in the US

3. Date your SON entered in the US 

4. Date you and your spouse separated…and was there a divorce filing

2 hours ago, permanentresident said:

1. Date of marriage > January 25 2014

2. Date YOU entered in the US >12/17/17

3. Date your SON entered in the US > 12/27/17

4. Date you and your spouse separated…and was there a divorce filing >somewhere in September 2020 no legally and no devorce filled yet.

If you entered in 2017 , they gave you a 10 year card from the start , so just do the I-90 for yourself to replace the lost/stolen card

Since your son entered just a few days later , he too would have been given a 10 year card from the start .

What made you say son had a 2 year card ?

Am basing this on both you and son having gone to the consulate for interview and were granted immigrant visa in 2017. At that time you had already been married more than 2 years so there is no required I-751

Timeline
1 hour ago, permanentresident said:

I made a mistake on dates my son entered the same day as me . And yes I have 10yr card and his card expired 2019 which I just found out he had a condition that was suppose to be removed . 

Mmm. Not making sense. If you have a 10 yr card so should he.. 

V long time for the divorce to be finalised ! 

What visa did the son have ? How old is he ? Was your wife a USC when she petitioned you ? 

Edited by Lil bear

57 minutes ago, permanentresident said:

I made a mistake on dates my son entered the same day as me . And yes I have 10yr card and his card expired 2019 which I just found out he had a condition that was suppose to be removed . 

If your son entered with you , they made an error on his category. You can do an I-90 with no fee for him for error. Just send in a copy of both  his and your  passport page stamped at entry , copy of your marriage certificate…and write a short explanation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.