Pull Dup

Visa Denied - We Cannot Accept Your Current Joint Sponsor

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with submitting documents for additional processing after being rejected during the visa interview. Short version of my question is: is it possible for them to review the documents and then ask for more if they are not satisfied, or is this my last chance to send everything that might help? Basically, I can either send my joint sponsor's tax transcript, or wait until the IRS is done with my taxes and submit both my joint sponsor and my own tax transcript.

The long version: My wife went to the IR1 visa interview in Guangzhou and the visa was rejected. They told her to go to a different window if she had any questions, but she was too nervous. They wouldn't let me in at all, but based on the document they gave her (additional processing letter) requesting a tax transcript for the joint sponsor, I assume it is for income reasons. Around 2 years ago I added a joint sponsor because my taxes didn't show my full income. My current taxes do show enough, since a lot of time has passed and I wouldn't need a joint sponsor if they weren't already on there. In the interview they looked at these documents:

1. The joint sponsor's 1040 (don't know why this wasn't accepted)
  2. The joint sponsor's Tax Transcript (apparently there were pages missing from it)
  3. My current 1040 showing enough income without the sponsor (maybe they were suspicious because I filled late?)
  4. My current W2 showing enough income without the sponsor
  5. My old 1040 showing not enough income
  6. My old W2 showing not enough income

Am I overthinking this and just need to submit the joint sponsor's tax transcript with all the pages? Or should I wait until my own tax transcript is available from the IRS and send both together?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Pull Dup said:

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with submitting documents for additional processing after being rejected during the visa interview. Short version of my question is: is it possible for them to review the documents and then ask for more if they are not satisfied, or is this my last chance to send everything that might help? Basically, I can either send my joint sponsor's tax transcript, or wait until the IRS is done with my taxes and submit both my joint sponsor and my own tax transcript.

The long version: My wife went to the IR1 visa interview in Guangzhou and the visa was rejected. They told her to go to a different window if she had any questions, but she was too nervous. They wouldn't let me in at all, but based on the document they gave her (additional processing letter) requesting a tax transcript for the joint sponsor, I assume it is for income reasons. Around 2 years ago I added a joint sponsor because my taxes didn't show my full income. My current taxes do show enough, since a lot of time has passed and I wouldn't need a joint sponsor if they weren't already on there. In the interview they looked at these documents:

1. The joint sponsor's 1040 (don't know why this wasn't accepted)
  2. The joint sponsor's Tax Transcript (apparently there were pages missing from it)
  3. My current 1040 showing enough income without the sponsor (maybe they were suspicious because I filled late?)
  4. My current W2 showing enough income without the sponsor
  5. My old 1040 showing not enough income
  6. My old W2 showing not enough income

Am I overthinking this and just need to submit the joint sponsor's tax transcript with all the pages? Or should I wait until my own tax transcript is available from the IRS and send both together?

What exactly is the wording of the paper she got.  We can help you interpret it properly, only with the exact information.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
48 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

What exactly is the wording of the paper she got.  We can help you interpret it properly, only with the exact information.

Thank you for reading through that pushbrk, here is the exact wording (middle of page 1 in the attached images). I tried asking for more info about why it was rejected via form link they mentioned on the document, but they just said "Please follow the instructions on the notice she received at her interview and submit requested documents."

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

Timeline

So, that is what you do.  If the Joint Sponsor is employed, include either the tax return transcript or (if not yet available) a complete copy of their federal tax return, including all schedules, W2, and 1099 forms.  Also provide a recent pay stub.  If self employed, it's unlikely there will be any pay stub.

You mentioned a 1040.  That's not a complete tax return for everybody, but even a 1040 without W2 and any 1099 forms is "incomplete".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
13 hours ago, pushbrk said:

So, that is what you do.  If the Joint Sponsor is employed, include either the tax return transcript or (if not yet available) a complete copy of their federal tax return, including all schedules, W2, and 1099 forms.  Also provide a recent pay stub.  If self employed, it's unlikely there will be any pay stub.

You mentioned a 1040.  That's not a complete tax return for everybody, but even a 1040 without W2 and any 1099 forms is "incomplete".

Thank you! We will do that then.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Moda25 said:

It’s always best to submit the tax transcript instead of 1040 and W2s. Those can easily be forged.

Best when available, but complete tax return copies with all schedules are acceptable.  For some, "Tax Return Transcripts" (There are multiple types of "tax transcripts".) are not readily available.  The delay is mostly for complicated returns or pretty much any return filed by mail.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

For whomever is ready, I want to add that the reason the exact wording is so important, is that such issues are often misinterpreted.  Read the title of this thread. It's all a misinterpretation.  The visa has not yet been issued, but it was not denied.  The paper given does not say they cannot accept.  That box isn't checked.  This is a simple request for at tax return transcript, so they can properly evaluate the joint sponsor's affidavit of support.  If nothing is amiss, this is simply a delay in issuing a visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.