20 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2024 at 8:27 PM, speedster said:

NOA1 was 6/21

Just received RFE today 8/8 unsure what it is considering we sent everything to the lawyer...

Still no update on the EAD either

Does the RFE ever get uploaded to the online account? Nothing is up there so far. Guess gonna have to wait for the physical copy.

When life gives you lemons, cut some onions so you can cry.

I've been following this thread for a while now and although we initially filed in March not sure if we're considered March filers or June so I'll post in both.

We initially filed in March 25th but they only accepted the vaccine waiver I-601 and rejected our case because of an error on their side (USCIS mistake)

Resent everything back in April and got rejected again because of wrong payment (still had to pay over 1k more for THEIR mistake)

Eventually resent everything back again in June and they accepted our case.

3/22    AOS Initial Application Sent

4/17    NOA for I-601
6/21    AOS Final Application Sent 

6/27    NOA for I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765
7/05   Biometrics Scheduled
7/16    Biometrics Done (Went 2 weeks earlier)
7/17    EAD Approved

Hopefully everything will move as quickly as the EAD, especially after all the hiccups with the initial application. Also, wondering if anyone else had this experience of USCIS "mistake"? Our lawyer said they had a lot of cases rejected like ours for an error USCIS made and we're assuming they were just trying to get more money from people since they changed the fees in April?

9 hours ago, alex3351 said:

I've been following this thread for a while now and although we initially filed in March not sure if we're considered March filers or June so I'll post in both.

We initially filed in March 25th but they only accepted the vaccine waiver I-601 and rejected our case because of an error on their side (USCIS mistake)

Resent everything back in April and got rejected again because of wrong payment (still had to pay over 1k more for THEIR mistake)

Eventually resent everything back again in June and they accepted our case.

3/22    AOS Initial Application Sent

4/17    NOA for I-601
6/21    AOS Final Application Sent 

6/27    NOA for I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765
7/05   Biometrics Scheduled
7/16    Biometrics Done (Went 2 weeks earlier)
7/17    EAD Approved

Hopefully everything will move as quickly as the EAD, especially after all the hiccups with the initial application. Also, wondering if anyone else had this experience of USCIS "mistake"? Our lawyer said they had a lot of cases rejected like ours for an error USCIS made and we're assuming they were just trying to get more money from people since they changed the fees in April?

Yes it's common for uscis to make mistakes but 3/22 is a tough date to make with the price adjustment, especially if the date of arrival at uscis center is close to the end of that month

On 8/8/2024 at 8:27 PM, speedster said:

NOA1 was 6/21

Just received RFE today 8/8 unsure what it is considering we sent everything to the lawyer...

Still no update on the EAD either

RFE is on USCIS portal now, dated 8/15. Missing joint sponsor info, I'll take a wild guess and say the lawyer didn't sent the right stuff....splendid

On another note, even with USCIS reusing biometrics, EAD is still pending 😑 

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2024 at 11:54 AM, speedster said:

RFE is on USCIS portal now, dated 8/15. Missing joint sponsor info, I'll take a wild guess and say the lawyer didn't sent the right stuff....splendid

On another note, even with USCIS reusing biometrics, EAD is still pending 😑 

RFE was finally responded last week.

We're still waiting waiting on the EAD and AP when biometrics were confirmed to be reused in June.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.