Kabedi3166

Kinshasa, DRC interview wait time

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Hello, anyone aware of average wait times from DQ to interview for Kinshasa, DRC? We are CR1 category with DQ date of May 24, 2024. We're aware it may be quite long. 

Bonjour, savez-vous le temps moyen depuis l'approbation des documents à avoir l'entretien programmé pour Kinshasa RDC? Nous sommes CR1 avec une date de 24-5-24 de la lettre d'approbation. Nous sommes conscients que ça prend du temps.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bokee said:

Same. DQ on June 24, waiting for the IL from Kinshasa.

Let us know when you got your IL.

Good to hear from someone else in the same situation. I will certainly keep you updated. Good luck to you.

Timeline

Thanks and Good luck to you too.

I called the embassy a couple of days ago and they told me that it doesn't take so much time for the CR1/IR1 category to be scheduled for the interview, max 90 days, according to them. 

It could be better to have a DRC forum or a group chat where we can share our experiences during this process. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Bokee said:

Thanks and Good luck to you too.

I called the embassy a couple of days ago and they told me that it doesn't take so much time for the CR1/IR1 category to be scheduled for the interview, max 90 days, according to them. 

It could be better to have a DRC forum or a group chat where we can share our experiences during this process. 

Ok that is great news to hear, we had emailed the embassy with no reply but it's good to know they offer estimates and that it is not as long as many other African embassies. I think there are relatively few petitions compared to other countries, and I didn't find many DRC applicants here on VJ (maybe because it's also an English-language forum). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.