Rachel n Tyler

What is department of state?

19 posts in this topic

Since this is a fiancee visa, the State Department's role is to forward your approved application to the local US Embassy where the interview for your beneficiary will take place.  Best to find the web site for the US Embassy in the country where the interview will take place and become familiar of the process that will take place at that embassy.  Most embassies have ample information on the process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, TexasRafael said:

Since this is a fiancee visa, the State Department's role is to forward your approved application to the local US Embassy where the interview for your beneficiary will take place.  Best to find the web site for the US Embassy in the country where the interview will take place and become familiar of the process that will take place at that embassy.  Most embassies have ample information on the process. 

I’ve been looking into everything for the last months, so I’m pretty familiar thankfully! Someone on here was kind enough to type out their exact experience with the medical, and dealing with the embassy! I was just confused with ‘department of state’ because I haven’t heard of it before in the process. But thankfully it’s just the NVC!

Submitted i-129F: 12-4-23
Received/NOA1: 01-31-24
Approved/NOA2: 06-05-24

Medical Exam: 08-06-24
Interview: 09-13-24

Hoping to move: End of 2024 🧡

Timeline
16 hours ago, Rachel n Tyler said:

Yeah sadly the Hague closed immigrant visas so I'll have to go through Germany (Frankfurt). But I think that this means they sent it to the NVC, and when the NVC gets it, they'll send it to the embassy in Frankfurt

The Hague never or hardly did ;) Amsterdam did and they stopped all visa operations as of May this Year.

First: I never got an NVC Letter at all! 😬 Probably lost in the mail, just like the Packet 3 i never received 😅

Second: I contacted NVC after 2 weeks and they already had my casenumber for me, which they also provided in their response. :) 

In our case, My fiancé got both an email and a letter in the mail with this information. It will Reach you somehow! sometimes you just have to wait a long time and/or poke around yourself to get needed info

I-129F - 2023, September 28

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

NVC Case# - 2024, April 19

Consulate Received - 2024, April 25

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

P3 & P4 received - 2024, May 16

Medical exam - 2024, June 7

Interview - 2024, July 12, APPROVED!

Visa Issued - 2024, July 16

Visa Received - 2024, July 18

US Entry - 2024, August 24

Wedding planned - 2024, Oktober 31

To be continued...

💖

Timeline
13 hours ago, Rachel n Tyler said:

Hmm I see I see. I'm just worried since the validity of the approval of the i129f is only 4 months, and by the looks of this, it's going to take atleast 2 months before I can schedule it.

Don't worry!
I got my I-129f approved late March, and only scheduled my actual appointment early June 😂
Yes i was stressed like crazy and barely slept... but i can say now with certainty: you have time! Breathe, sleep, relax! 

Everything will be fine :)

Edited by Rosaly

I-129F - 2023, September 28

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

NVC Case# - 2024, April 19

Consulate Received - 2024, April 25

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

P3 & P4 received - 2024, May 16

Medical exam - 2024, June 7

Interview - 2024, July 12, APPROVED!

Visa Issued - 2024, July 16

Visa Received - 2024, July 18

US Entry - 2024, August 24

Wedding planned - 2024, Oktober 31

To be continued...

💖

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.