coffee_joy

IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa (Address Change/Cost)

17 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Hope you are doing well :)

I have two questions with regards to IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa process:

Q1: I would like to get an idea of the IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa process cost broken down into stages (documents) with their costs, i.e. the cost of the documents the PETITIONER (US citizen) submits, and the cost of the documents the FOREIGN SPOUSE has to submit. 

Or if anyone knows where I can find this information, I would appreciate if you could share the link.

Q2: If the petitioner's living address changes after submitting the I-130 form, do we need to update the form with the new address, how does it need to be updated? And what is more important, will the address change cause any delay in the whole visa process?

Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by coffee_joy

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, coffee_joy said:

Hello everyone!

Hope you are doing well :)

I have two questions with regards to IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa process:

Q1: I would like to get an idea of the IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa process cost broken down into stages (documents) with their costs, i.e. the cost of the documents the PETITIONER (US citizen) submits, and the cost of the documents the FOREIGN SPOUSE has to submit. 

Or if anyone knows where I can find this information, I would appreciate if you could share the link.

Q2: If the petitioner's living address changes after submitting the I-130 form, do we need to update the form with the new address, how does it need to be updated? And what is more important, will the address change cause any delay in the whole visa process?

Thank you so much in advance!

The cost of documents (supporting documents) is minor, and varies with the country, State, or document.  No need to update addresses with USCIS.  If the address changes, use the new address at the NVC stage.  For the petitioner, be certain to file any applicable change of address forms with USPS.

If you want to know about other costs, like filing fees etc. please clarify.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

19 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The cost of documents (supporting documents) is minor, and varies with the country, State, or document.  No need to update addresses with USCIS.  If the address changes, use the new address at the NVC stage.  For the petitioner, be certain to file any applicable change of address forms with USPS.

Thanks for your response! And yes, I would like to know about filing fees, basically all fees (application fees, any other fees) since filing the I-130 application.

22 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

And can the address change at the NVC stage cause any delay in the process?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
21 minutes ago, coffee_joy said:

And can the address change at the NVC stage cause any delay in the process?

No.  It's not an address change.  You are simply using the new address as the current address on your I-864 form, and as the immigrant's intended address on their visa application.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi @coffee_joy, I'll try and break down some of the costs I've paid for while processing my CR-1 as an applicant. Please note I'm awaiting an IL so the fees listed here aren't a final representation of the cost of the whole process. They're also subject to currency conversion and GBP to USD rates where specified. 

There's also extras I've paid for that may not apply to you. So this is all just approximation. 

UK Applicant, US Citizen Petitioner:

I-130 Filing Fee: $535

DS-260 Fee: $325 

Affidavit of Support Fee: $120

ACRO Police Report: £115 (Expedited) 

Full Birth Certificate: £35 (Expedited) 

AQA Exam Board Certificates: £43

*Pending - Estimates*

Medical: £385 Est. 

Additional Vaccinations: £90 per missing

Accommodation: £1400 Est.

Flights: £300 Est. 

I hope this helps give you an idea of the costs involved. 

Edited by Melancholic Mage
AOS Added

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Melancholic Mage said:

Hi @coffee_joy, I'll try and break down some of the costs I've paid for while processing my CR-1 as an applicant. Please note I'm awaiting an IL so the fees listed here aren't a final representation of the cost of the whole process. They're also subject to currency conversion and GBP to USD rates where specified. 

There's also extras I've paid for that may not apply to you. So this is all just approximation. 

UK Applicant, US Citizen Petitioner:

I-130 Filing Fee: $535

DS-260 Fee: $325 

ACRO Police Report: £115 (Expedited) 

Full Birth Certificate: £35 (Expedited) 

AQA Exam Board Certificates: £43

*Pending - Estimates*

Medical: £385 Est. 

Additional Vaccinations: £90 per missing

Accomodation: £1400 Est.

Flights: £300 Est. 

I hope this helps give you an idea of the costs involved. 

I-864 Affidavit of Support fee at NVC?  Your fees are pre-fee increase?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just checked and edited the list, missed it off first time. There might be more things I've missed but this is as accurate as I can make to my knowledge. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Melancholic Mage said:

Just checked and edited the list, missed it off first time. There might be more things I've missed but this is as accurate as I can make to my knowledge. 

It looks pretty good to me.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

@Crazy Cat Hi Crazy Cat, just noticed your edit asking about a fee increase? Admittedly I wasn't aware of one. When was this implemented? 

The I-130 fee was paid in April 2023. 

DS-260, Affidavit, and all other extras were paid between April and May 2024.

1 hour ago, Melancholic Mage said:

@Crazy Cat Hi Crazy Cat, just noticed your edit asking about a fee increase? Admittedly I wasn't aware of one. When was this implemented? 

The I-130 fee was paid in April 2023. 

DS-260, Affidavit, and all other extras were paid between April and May 2024.

Fee change was implemented from 1st April onwards. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/frequently-asked-questions-on-the-uscis-fee-rule

16 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Fee change was implemented from 1st April onwards. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/frequently-asked-questions-on-the-uscis-fee-rule

Honestly this table confuses me. I can't tell if I paid the reduced rate or the higher one. Looking at this, I believe I paid the reduced rate yet I filed the I-130 after the new fees were implemented post April 1st. 

I suppose it doesn't matter but it's annoying all the same. 

2 minutes ago, Melancholic Mage said:

Honestly this table confuses me. I can't tell if I paid the reduced rate or the higher one. Looking at this, I believe I paid the reduced rate yet I filed the I-130 after the new fees were implemented post April 1st. 

I suppose it doesn't matter but it's annoying all the same. 

You said you submitted your I-130 last April (2023) though? This is from 1st April 2024. 

If you had paid the wrong amount for your I-130 then your application would have been rejected, but you were a year ahead of this it seems. 

Edited by appleblossom

Just now, appleblossom said:

You said you submitted your I-130 last April (2023) though? This is from 1st April 2024. 

So it doesn't matter at all, if you had paid the wrong amount then your application would have been rejected, but you were a year ahead of this it seems. 

I missed the year. Don't mind me, I just finished a 6am - 2pm shift so I'm tired and stressed out. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, haha. Thanks. (Need coffee. )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.