MarkTanya

Accidental Errors Found on Introductory Letter in I-130 Packet Submitted

10 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I couldn't find any related topics to my question, so hopefully someone can help me.

So, I recently submitted our I-130 application packet to USCIS and we each submitted an introduction letter (per our legal consultant) stating who we are, what we both want, and why from the USCIS VISA process and signed/dated it. Unfortunately, I didn't catch this error until today, but our legal consultant's secretary accidentally sent my husband the incorrect template that had the header stating in error, "In Connection to Our I-129F" instead of "In Connection to Our I-130". My letter, of course, had the correct header but his did not. Also, when I was browsing my USCIS online account today, I noticed that those two documents were scanned and uploaded to the Documents section. I'm not sure what that means when they upload supporting documents that I submitted with the I-130 application packet, but hopefully someone can tell me why. :)

My main question is, will this pose an issue with the possibility of an RFE to resubmit a corrected one, or will they pardon it...  or should I upload a scanned letter attached to an amended version or just wait? 

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

No such “introductory letter” is necessary.   You might get an RFE for clarification.   This just shows why sending unnecessary fluff complicated things.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, MarkTanya said:

I'm not sure what that means when they upload supporting documents that I submitted with the I-130 application packet, but hopefully someone can tell me why.

They always scanned and uploaded paper applications/supporting docs internally. To streamline the application process between those filing online and those filing by paper USCIS now makes them available in your USCIS account even if you file by paper. Your receipt # will start with IOE.

7 hours ago, MarkTanya said:

My main question is, will this pose an issue with the possibility of an RFE to resubmit a corrected one, or will they pardon it...  or should I upload a scanned letter attached to an amended version or just wait?

Don't worry yourself with such unnecessary and unneeded introductory letters. For now do nothing; imo it shouldn't be a problem. God luck.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I don't see this becoming an issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
23 hours ago, MarkTanya said:

Thank you! Also, I never had previous issues with the introductory letters. 

You also will not have any problems without any introductory letters because it's not a requirement. You'll never get RFE for missing an introductory letter. 

As I said a typo in an unnecessary introductory letter I think shouldn't cause a problem.

I understand what you're saying, and thanks so much! 😃 Just following my legal advisor's instructions. 😃 He says it aids in decision making throughout the process. I used it last time and I never had an interview.

Timeline
2 hours ago, MarkTanya said:

Just following my legal advisor's instructions. 😃

sure

2 hours ago, MarkTanya said:

I used it last time and I never had an interview.

There's definitely going to be an interview down the road for beneficiary when it comes to I-130 petitions; no escaping that. Consular interview or adjustment of status interview (rare occasions can waived if you've been interviewed before) will happen. 

Edited by nastra30

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.