SL2024

Expired I-192F Query - Medical and Visa Interview at London Embassy (Merged threads)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Visa expiration will 6 months from the medical....at most.  It could be even less.  It is not based on visa approval date..  This is 100% accurate. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

@SL2024 @SalishSea @ScarletWitch6x @Crazy Cat If this is regarding the overseas medical DS-3025, the K1 beneficiary has to interview within 6 months of the DS-3025 medical?

And the AOS has to be submitted within 1 year of the DS-3025 medical (to avoid a required I-693)?

Correct?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, ScarletWitch6x said:

To add some color here~

It is 6 months from the date of the medical, however many people view it as 6 months from visa approval because the recommendation is that you plan your medical 5-10 days prior to your interview (always check your packet 3 guidance in case your embassy has a different timeline). I see you are filing for the UK (me too!), I believe they say 5-10 days between medical and interview :)

My fiance will need most of the 6 months to give his notice at work and sort out the house in the UK, so we are hoping to find a close medical and interview slot. 

Hi ScarletWitch6x,

Thank you for the advice. It sounds like you fiancé is similar to me then as I will need most of the 6 months regarding work notice and sorting things out. Have you been able to book your medical and interview yet? I keep checking the visa interview appointment site but there are no dates and times available when I look.

Also what part of the UK is your partner from?

6 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Visa expiration will 6 months from the medical....at most.  It could be even less.  It is not based on visa approval date..  This is 100% accurate. 

Thank you!

Timeline
5 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

@SL2024 @SalishSea @ScarletWitch6x @Crazy Cat If this is regarding the overseas medical DS-3025, the K1 beneficiary has to interview within 6 months of the DS-3025 medical?

And the AOS has to be submitted within 1 year of the DS-3025 medical (to avoid a required I-693)?

Correct?

I haven't heard of DS-3025 regarding this application. Only DS-160

Timeline

The house was on the market for two weeks.

The bonus is 5% of salary so it is worth waiting for.

I have to give a calendar month's notice to my employer.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lee Thacket said:

The house was on the market for two weeks.

The bonus is 5% of salary so it is worth waiting for.

I have to give a calendar month's notice to my employer.

That was a quick sale then - I guess it's all lawyer paperwork to complete the sale now then. And definitely sounds like it is worth waiting for. 

It's a months notice for me too!

Just curious but what part of the UK are you moving from?

35 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

I haven't heard of DS-3025 regarding this application. Only DS-160

DS-3025 is the medical report form that the doctor abroad fills out for the K1 beneficiary which is given to the consulate during the interview. The consulate puts the DS-3025 inside the sealed brown envelope which the K1 beneficiary is instructed to give to the CBP at the Port of Entry.

It is recommended that the K1 beneficiaries request a copy of DS-3025 for themselves. In our case, when we went for the I-693 medical, the US Civil Surgeon doctor wanted to see a copy of the DS-3025.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

DS-3025 is the medical report form that the overseas doctor fills out for the K1 beneficiary which is given to the consulate during the interview. The consulate puts the DS-3025 inside the sealed brown envelope which the K1 beneficiary is instructed to give to the CBP at the Port of Entry.

It is recommended that the K1 beneficiaries request a copy of DS-3025 for themselves. In our case, when we went for the I-693 medical, the US Civil Surgeon doctor wanted to see a copy of the DS-3025.

Thank you, I appreciate the info but I'm going to stick with what the embassy says online that it is a white envelope that is given to CBP 

19 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

DS-3025 is the medical report form that the doctor abroad fills out for the K1 beneficiary which is given to the consulate during the interview. The consulate puts the DS-3025 inside the sealed brown envelope which the K1 beneficiary is instructed to give to the CBP at the Port of Entry.

Most K-1s do not need to go to a U.S. civil surgeon/ do the I-693.

44 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Most K-1s do not need to go to a U.S. civil surgeon/ do the I-693.

That's correct. But in our case, we did.

The AOS needs to be filed within 1 year of the DS-3025? 

1 hour ago, EatBulaga said:

That's correct. But in our case, we did.

The AOS needs to be filed within 1 year of the DS-3025? 

Yes

Timeline
4 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Hi ScarletWitch6x,

Thank you for the advice. It sounds like you fiancé is similar to me then as I will need most of the 6 months regarding work notice and sorting things out. Have you been able to book your medical and interview yet? I keep checking the visa interview appointment site but there are no dates and times available when I look.

Also what part of the UK is your partner from?

Thank you!

He's from Nottinghamshire!

We just got our NOA2 last week so we don't have an NVC number yet and are not quite at the embassy. So just a smidge behind you! We have everything requested (police cert.) and are now just waiting until we can bug the NVC. :) 

Timeline
22 hours ago, SL2024 said:

That was a quick sale then - I guess it's all lawyer paperwork to complete the sale now then. And definitely sounds like it is worth waiting for. 

It's a months notice for me too!

Just curious but what part of the UK are you moving from?

I live in the south Wales valleys about twelve miles north of Cardiff.

Timeline
On 6/22/2024 at 6:54 AM, SL2024 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to check but is it 6 months from the date of the medical or from the date of visa approval? 

As the medical place when I rang them about this and have said to me that the medical is valid for 6 months and within that 6 months from the date of the medical I need to obtain the visa and then travel to the USA, however, I have asked our law firm this question as well and the paralegal said it was 6 months to enter the USA from date of visa approval.

I have seen different answers online regarding this and it has left me really confused about it.

Hope you can help!

In this post and another one you mentioned using a law firm. I am intrigued as to why you did that. The paralegal you spoke to gave you incorrect advice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.