SL2024

Expired I-192F Query - Medical and Visa Interview at London Embassy (Merged threads)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

My petition expires at the end of the month but there are currently no slots for me to schedule my interview at the embassy. I keep checking regularly though. How is the petition validated when after it expires? Does the embassy renew it automatically, do they need to be contacted or do I need to bring a letter? 

Has anybody been in a similar situation where they have had their visa interview after their petition has expired and if so how long after the expiry date was it? I am anxious and worried about it as there was a delay in receiving my police certificate.

Hope you can help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
38 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

Hi all,

My petition expires at the end of the month but there are currently no slots for me to schedule my interview at the embassy. I keep checking regularly though. How is the petition validated when after it expires? Does the embassy renew it automatically, do they need to be contacted or do I need to bring a letter? 

Has anybody been in a similar situation where they have had their visa interview after their petition has expired and if so how long after the expiry date was it? I am anxious and worried about it as there was a delay in receiving my police certificate.

Hope you can help!

Most of the time embassies will automatically extend a petition if an interview hasn't been scheduled.

They typically extend it 4 months at a time for up to a total of one year.

You could always submit an inquiry to your embassy to  verify that they will extend your petition validity date

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

Timeline
10 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Hi all,

Hope you can help!

My 129F expired on May 4th. The first appointment I could get was May 14th. I booked it without asking the embassy to extend the petition. Nothing was said and there was no problem.

Timeline
On 6/14/2024 at 10:15 PM, MalloryCat said:

Most of the time embassies will automatically extend a petition if an interview hasn't been scheduled.

They typically extend it 4 months at a time for up to a total of one year.

You could always submit an inquiry to your embassy to  verify that they will extend your petition validity date

I did inform our law firm assisting us with the case and they did contact the embassy asking if they could extend our petition validity and the embassy did respond but they didn't say yes or no to it being extended.

Timeline
On 6/15/2024 at 8:30 AM, Lee Thacket said:

My 129F expired on May 4th. The first appointment I could get was May 14th. I booked it without asking the embassy to extend the petition. Nothing was said and there was no problem.

Ahh - did you have a delay with receiving some documents for your medical or interview or was there just no dates and times available to book when you looked on the site? 

So just to confirm they didn't ask at all why it was after May 4th?

How did your interview go btw?

Timeline
8 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Ahh - did you have a delay with receiving some documents for your medical or interview or was there just no dates and times available to book when you looked on the site? 

So just to confirm they didn't ask at all why it was after May 4th?

How did your interview go btw?

I cancelled my first medical because I was waiting for my police certificate and then I cancelled again because of work commitments. Then I had to wait three werks for the next available medical on April 24th. The first available visa interview was May 24th. The interview itself was fine, three short questions. No mention was made of the expired I-129F.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Lee Thacket said:

I cancelled my first medical because I was waiting for my police certificate and then I cancelled again because of work commitments. Then I had to wait three werks for the next available medical on April 24th. The first available visa interview was May 24th. The interview itself was fine, three short questions. No mention was made of the expired I-129F.

Ahh that sounds similar to me then as I had a delay with the police certificate and have some work commitments as well. And I thought the interview would have had more questions? As I think I read online it takes about 15-20 minutes to do.

Did your visa instructions letter take a long time to arrive after you got the notice of approval? As mine ended up arriving about 7 and a half weeks after the notice of approval letter.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Ahh that sounds similar to me then as I had a delay with the police certificate and have some work commitments as well. And I thought the interview would have had more questions? As I think I read online it takes about 15-20 minutes to do.

Did your visa instructions letter take a long time to arrive after you got the notice of approval? As mine ended up arriving about 7 and a half weeks after the notice of approval letter.

In the event the police certificate only took three weeks so I need not have cancelled. Visa Medicals told me it was possible to email the medical certificate to them later. (I am guessing this only works if there is nothing of concern on your police certificate.)

My interview took less than five minutes. Possibly they thought I had taken up enough of their time with all the paperwork I had handed over an hour before!

One question that seems standard is asking about your marriage plans following the K-1 visa.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SL2024 said:

The I-129 was approved on January 4th; NVC letter Jan 30th; embassy letter Feb 7th 

Timeline
On 6/17/2024 at 10:10 PM, Lee Thacket said:

The I-129 was approved on January 4th; NVC letter Jan 30th; embassy letter Feb 7th 

Ok thank you for letting me know Lee. I appreciate that. I am still trying to reschedule the interview date but unfortunately no appointments available at the moment still so our law firm is contacting the embassy about it.

When you are going over to the USA now you are approved or are you still deciding on that?

Timeline
On 6/19/2024 at 5:48 AM, SL2024 said:

Ok thank you for letting me know Lee. I appreciate that. I am still trying to reschedule the interview date but unfortunately no appointments available at the moment still so our law firm is contacting the embassy about it.

When you are going over to the USA now you are approved or are you still deciding on that?

Just schedule the medical and book a visa interview as soon as possible afterwards.

I have found a buyer for my house. My annual bonus gets paid on July 19th. If I resign before then I don't get it. The cat needs some booster vaccinations before she can travel. So I should be travelling the second half of August as long as nothing goes wrong with the house sale. I think I must be one of the few people on here who doesn't fly out on receipt of their visa-stamped passport!

Timeline
On 6/20/2024 at 6:55 PM, Lee Thacket said:

Just schedule the medical and book a visa interview as soon as possible afterwards.

I have found a buyer for my house. My annual bonus gets paid on July 19th. If I resign before then I don't get it. The cat needs some booster vaccinations before she can travel. So I should be travelling the second half of August as long as nothing goes wrong with the house sale. I think I must be one of the few people on here who doesn't fly out on receipt of their visa-stamped passport!

Oh I do plan on scheduling the interview - I just need some dates to be come available still.

That's good you have found a buyer for the house. How long was it on the market for? The bonus makes sense as well - any extra money will help. Is it 4 weeks notice period you have to give your employer?

Timeline

Hi all,

Just wanted to check but is it 6 months from the date of the medical or from the date of visa approval? 

As the medical place when I rang them about this and have said to me that the medical is valid for 6 months and within that 6 months from the date of the medical I need to obtain the visa and then travel to the USA, however, I have asked our law firm this question as well and the paralegal said it was 6 months to enter the USA from date of visa approval.

I have seen different answers online regarding this and it has left me really confused about it.

Hope you can help!

40 minutes ago, SL2024 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to check but is it 6 months from the date of the medical or from the date of visa approval? 

As the medical place when I rang them about this and have said to me that the medical is valid for 6 months and within that 6 months from the date of the medical I need to obtain the visa and then travel to the USA, however, I have asked our law firm this question as well and the paralegal said it was 6 months to enter the USA from date of visa approval.

I have seen different answers online regarding this and it has left me really confused about it.

Hope you can help!

6 months from date of medical.

Timeline

To add some color here~

It is 6 months from the date of the medical, however many people view it as 6 months from visa approval because the recommendation is that you plan your medical 5-10 days prior to your interview (always check your packet 3 guidance in case your embassy has a different timeline). I see you are filing for the UK (me too!), I believe they say 5-10 days between medical and interview :)

My fiance will need most of the 6 months to give his notice at work and sort out the house in the UK, so we are hoping to find a close medical and interview slot. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.