KoreaninHawaii

Tips for K1 Visa scheduling

24 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone,

My fiancé lives in the Philippines and I am in the US. Been going through the K1 visa process and we both have gotten everything done up to the point of trying to schedule an appointment. We check daily but it always says no appointments available. Also sometimes too we get rate limited or blocked or her account got locked for 72 hours. Was just wondering if anyone had any tips to try to schedule an interview. We tried different times of the day, we call the phone numbers though when I looked so different numbers so I'm not sure which number for her to call, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also if it has been a long time for anyone to get an appointment for K1 what would you say the time frame till how long you were able to schedule an appointment? My main concern is my approval notice was only valid from 04/02/2024 to 08/01/2024 so I am worried if it expires what would I need to do. Again appreciate any help or tips anyone can give me.

Have a great day/night everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you had any luck scheduling the interview? I don’t have any tips to offer unfortunately.

I-129F Shipped: 6/8/2024

I-129F NOA1: 6/10/2024

I-129F NOA2: 9/10/2024

NVC Received:

Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned:    

NVC Left:    

Consulate Received:

I'm following this thread, too. It seems like approval timelines have built-in assumptions about the availability of medical exams and interview slots. It also seems like the processes probably don't account for when those things get so drawn out as to cause problems with approval timelines.

Seems like USCIS and NVC have almost cut their processing times in half, creating a surge in K1s hitting USEM ready for interviews... hopefully the embassy will adjust and it is just temporary.  I see lots of peeps complaining on some of the FB support groups who are not able to make an appt right now with USEM.

Been checking like 3 times a day but no appointments available to schedule. We managed to stop getting rate limited and lock out of the account for 72 hours which I guess is a plus. More concerned about my approval notice expiring in August and what the process is for that. Has anyone managed to get an appointment how long did it take you to make one? I am aware that covid kinda threw everything out of order but getting kinda stressful thinking if we don't check we may miss a chance to schedule but if we keep checking our hopes keep getting lower.

Thank you to everyone who responded so far. It has been helpful.

Timeline

Looking at VJ K-1 interview dates, members have successfully scheduled USEM interviews for 6/25, 7/2, and 7/23.  I'm not sure why there is a gap for 7/9 and 7/16.  One day when you least expect it, the schedule calendar will pop up and you will have a date.

Do not be concerned about your approval notice expiration.  It will automatically be extended for an additional 4 months if you aren't finished prior to expiration.

I think you have already figured out how to keep from getting locked out.  Checking 3 times a day is enough.

Medical exam should be scheduled a couple of days before the interview (requiring a hotel stay in Manila).

It looks a bit involved.

It may be cheaper to do 2 trips (Cebu-Manila flights are  < $100).  I'll probably book a flight for the medical exam as soon as we get an interview date, then another one for the interview.

Edited by spicynujac

On 6/13/2024 at 6:18 PM, KoreaninHawaii said:

Hello to everyone,

My fiancé lives in the Philippines and I am in the US. Been going through the K1 visa process and we both have gotten everything done up to the point of trying to schedule an appointment. We check daily but it always says no appointments available. Also sometimes too we get rate limited or blocked or her account got locked for 72 hours. Was just wondering if anyone had any tips to try to schedule an interview. We tried different times of the day, we call the phone numbers though when I looked so different numbers so I'm not sure which number for her to call, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also if it has been a long time for anyone to get an appointment for K1 what would you say the time frame till how long you were able to schedule an appointment? My main concern is my approval notice was only valid from 04/02/2024 to 08/01/2024 so I am worried if it expires what would I need to do. Again appreciate any help or tips anyone can give me.

Have a great day/night everyone.

I remembered seeing your post a few days ago- the appointments are available now- log on!

Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KoreaninHawaii said:

how soon can i schedule a medical exam before the appointment?

Congrats! You can schedule two weeks before your visa interview.

Edited by Spicy Chickenjoy

I-129F Shipped: 6/8/2024

I-129F NOA1: 6/10/2024

I-129F NOA2: 9/10/2024

NVC Received:

Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned:    

NVC Left:    

Consulate Received:

Can you schedule the medical earlier than 2 weeks or it has to be 2 weeks? Also probably not the right place to ask this question but I'm actually taking a vacation next week to see my fi·an·cée :). Just trying to budget out my trip I will be staying in Manila with her and I will be meeting some of her family while I am there. Flight and lodging are already taken care of but just trying to figure out how much to bring while I am there.

Timeline
1 hour ago, KoreaninHawaii said:

Can you schedule the medical earlier than 2 weeks or it has to be 2 weeks?

You can schedule it more than 2 weeks in advance of the interview.  Just be aware that the K-1 visa expiration is tied to the medical exam date, not the interview date.  For normal medical exam results, the K-1 visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of medical exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.