summer4042

Questions about i-134 and joint sponsor

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I could really use some advice because I've been getting a lot of mixed information. I, the petitioner, am a full-time college student who has never had a job so I've never had to file taxes. My grandmother, who I live with, will be a joint sponsor. Recently, we just received our NOA2 and our case is at NVC.

1. I am currently filling out i-134, I have put my income at $0 on number 14 on page 6 where it asks. on page 7 it asks for my assets, which I am providing my savings account and it asks for proof of these assets. is a monthly statement enough proof of this?
2. on pages 3 and 4 where it asks about my beneficiary's financial information and assets, do I leave that area with N/A since me and my joint sponsor will be responsible for him even though he has an income? 
3. what financial form does my joint sponsor that I live with fill out? does my joint sponsor fill out another i-134, or form i-864a? whenever I ask this question, I get told one or the other which has really puzzled me on which one she is supposed to fill out.
4. since I have never filed taxes before, I've heard that I have to write a small letter clarifying that I'm a student so I've never had to file before. Is this correct, and is this all I need to provide on my part besides the monthly statement of my savings account?
5. on page 8 of i-134 form, it states "I intend to make specific contributions to the support of the beneficiary named in Part 2. Explain the contribution. For example, if you intend to furnish room and board, state for how long. If you intend to provide money, state the amount in U.S. dollars and whether it is to be given in a lump sum, weekly, or monthly, and for how long. If you need additional space, use Part 8. Additional Information." because I do not have an income and my grandmother will be finically responsible for my fiancé, I could use some advice on how to word things for this area. I of course know I am financially responsible for my fiancé as well because I'm the petitioner,  do I just say that we will be living in my grandmother's home where we will both provide for him? Or do I change it to I do not intend to make specific contributions? I'm just confused on the question in general because of my situation and any advice would help.

Thank you so much and any help would be appreciated in this overwhelming process.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

fiancee will not have a job when entering US until EAD is complete or green card is received 

joint sponsor fills out I 134 and provides supporting W2 or any 1099 (like SSA yearly statement)

I would get the letter from IRS (fill out form)  some say not needed but why take the chance

the IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter must be requested by mail using the paper version of the IRS Form 4506-T available at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf You will need to print, complete, sign and send the form by mail or fax to the IRS.

Both of u will need US residency proof (photo copy of photo ID /DL is good)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.