hplusj

Best practices for NVC inquiry text

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Long story short, my fiancé and I have our approved K1 petition sitting at NVC with a case number issued.  It has been almost fourteen weeks (over three months) since it arrived there.  Our consulate in South Africa/Johannesburg has been requesting cases and receiving shipments every fortnight, many of these cases being sent only having sat at NVC for 3-4 weeks.  Speaking with the approved couples (also K1 visas), they do not meet any expedite criteria, and are simply being selected before us.

My question is, in pursuing communication with the NVC through their inquiry form, is there a recommended way to convey to them that if there is no issue with our case, we would like ours sent in the batch next week? I am thinking about how to construct this so I can send it out tomorrow, and would love other members' feedback on their attempts to move their case from NVC and what (potentially) worked for them.

Currently, I am thinking case number + principal applicant name + date of NOA2 issuance (5 March 2024) at the top.  The rest of the text would be something like:

"We were informed that our consulate in Johannesburg is requesting shipments from NVC.  We request that our case be added to the next shipment, and a K1-FTP letter issued to the petitioner, <insert my full name and email>. 

The principal applicant, <insert his full name> has all supporting documents and is ready to schedule a medical appointment.  He is also ready to travel to the appointment in Johannesburg at the earliest convenience of the consulate.  Thank you for your assistance in advancing our case."

Thoughts?  We appreciate any constructive feedback.  The inquiry is being submitted, unless someone can provide proof that it might hurt our chances of our case being sent for some reason.

Edited by hplusj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.