k1k1k1

k1 visa applying for I-601 vaccine waiver

7 posts in this topic

Hello my Fiance and I are in the process of applying for the K1 I need advice from some one that has applied for 601 vaccine waive before better yet if it was for a k1 visa. The k1 visa does not require vaccination at all does that mean that it cant be denied if you said your not going to get vaccinated. My main questions are with 601 can you say it is regarding both a moral conviction as well as a religious reason ? If any one is willing to send me the letter that was approved and walk me through the steps and all the details you used for your 601 waiver would really appreciate it. If you have never done it and have no idea kindly please do not change the entire subject of the thread or if your pro vaccines.

• 3 weeks later...

My process

• Complete K1 application process
  • Get medical in K1 home country, tell them you will not get the vaccines at that medical and will do so once in the US for AOS
    • K1 is a nonimmigrant visa and does not require vaccines, you will only need them at time of AOS
    • May need to print and the law for them that states this if they give you problems
  • Get K1 visa and arrive in US.
  • Get married and apply for AOS
  • Did not send in medical exam with AOS package
  • RFE for medical exam, sent in with box checked that a waiver will be filed.
    • Had no documented records of any vaccination, had some titer tests done beforehand to show immunity to some of the diseases.
  • Received another RFE for i601 since the medical exam indicated a waiver will be filed.
  • Submitted i601 package and i485 approved within a few weeks.

I strongly suggest getting a lawyer which will cost about 6k all in.  Would be difficult to explain the small details that should be included and how it should be worded.

Was told strictly stating religious OR moral convictions should be done, may be tricky to do both even though there is some overlap.

i601 package consisted the i601 form, payment, statement of hardship (~2 pages), and statement of beliefs (~5 pages).

It isn't necessary to include affidavits from friends, family, religious members.  I was advised not necessary and isn't strong proof on YOUR beliefs.  Statement should be what YOU believe and words of others aren't strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am unvaccinated here, beneficiary from Philippines. We just recently submitted our k1 application. Based on my research, there have been successful applicants who are in the US and was able to get a green card. 

The first answer above is right. A waiver is necessary. But hiring a lawyer is very expensive. So we prefer DIY.

Here's what i will follow

- file k1 until approved

- medical (refuse all vaccines not just covid; sign a waiver)

- interview ( and cfo for filipinos)

After getting married in the US, fill out the I-601 (fee is $1050) along with AOS documents and fee (optional to include the aed and ap).

Hope this helps. And i wish you good luck.

While you are still in the Philippines , once you are getting closer to fly to the USA I would go to the family doctor and ask to write you a letter you are not vaccinated at all and no records could be found about vaccines. If you are planing to apply for religious exemption to AOS that letter from your doctor would weight a lot! I wouldn’t be worried about that right now, as k1 is a noon immigrant visa so no vax required.

To give you an idea about the exemption, it’s not hard, you would have to be sincere. The hardship letter is very essential. I’ve wrote 2 pages for the exemption and 8 pages for the hardship letter with a bunch of evidence attached and very well documented what’s going to happen if the aos doesn’t get approved! You write the religios exemption letter , your husband writes the hardship letter. I even made bullet points and 1 page summary! In my opinion the religious exemption is easier to write , they have to approve it , it’s your constitutional right! But the hardship letter is like writing a book about your life. This is what I sent:

- religious exemption letter;

- translated and original letter from doctor saying there is no proof of vaccines ;

- letter from a friend confirming the religion ( you don’t have to ) ;

- hardship letter ( emotional, financial , political and social impact on your relationship if the aos doesn’t get approved! Explain why you guys want to be together, be as much as honest as you can and try to touch souls like the officer that reads your case would need a tissue to wipe tears . lol They are humans too! 
Good luck to you! 

Edited by Maya1234

23 hours ago, Maya1234 said:

While you are still in the Philippines , once you are getting closer to fly to the USA I would go to the family doctor and ask to write you a letter you are not vaccinated at all and no records could be found about vaccines. If you are planing to apply for religious exemption to AOS that letter from your doctor would weight a lot! I wouldn’t be worried about that right now, as k1 is a noon immigrant visa so no vax required.

To give you an idea about the exemption, it’s not hard, you would have to be sincere. The hardship letter is very essential. I’ve wrote 2 pages for the exemption and 8 pages for the hardship letter with a bunch of evidence attached and very well documented what’s going to happen if the aos doesn’t get approved! You write the religios exemption letter , your husband writes the hardship letter. I even made bullet points and 1 page summary! In my opinion the religious exemption is easier to write , they have to approve it , it’s your constitutional right! But the hardship letter is like writing a book about your life. This is what I sent:

- religious exemption letter;

- translated and original letter from doctor saying there is no proof of vaccines ;

- letter from a friend confirming the religion ( you don’t have to ) ;

- hardship letter ( emotional, financial , political and social impact on your relationship if the aos doesn’t get approved! Explain why you guys want to be together, be as much as honest as you can and try to touch souls like the officer that reads your case would need a tissue to wipe tears . lol They are humans too! 
Good luck to you! 

Hello Maya, 

Thank you! Will definitely follow these.

Has your aos got approved already?

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'll share my process as well:

• Got my medical exam in The Netherlands and told the CS that I did not want to receive any vaccines at all as I was going to file a waiver with my AOS once in the USA based on religious convictions
  • After our marriage in the US I filed my AOS package on July 3rd, 2024 and did not include the I-693 form but only a copy of my incomplete DS-3025 from my medical exam abroad (I only received vaccinations as a child) and I also filed the I-601 waiver with my statements with my AOS package as I already knew I was going to need it. Included fees for both I-485 and I-601 in separate envelopes (I did not file for EAD or AP).
  • Checks for both I-485 and the I-601 waiver were cashed in last Friday and I am waiting for my NOAs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.