cpt_ad25

Form I-134 requirements

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance will be interviewing in Islamabad, Pakistan soon and I'm working on completing the Form I-134, which she will need for the interview. Based on everything I've read on this forum, it seems like Tax transcripts from the last 3 years will suffice. But the USTravelDocs website is a bit vague: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/en/immigrant-visa (scroll down and click on 'Step 5'), it says:

"Evidence that the applicant will not become a Public Charge: Each applicant must bring evidence that he or she will be self-supporting OR that the petitioner will be able to support each applicant in the United States. An affidavit of support (I-134) accompanied by last three years of the petitioner’s tax returns and supporting W-2 form(s), IRS-issued proof of payment showing taxes were paid, current employment letter(s) and pay stubs & relevant bank statements."

It makes it sound like Tax returns (1040s, 1099s, etc), W-2s, IRS-issued proof of payment (i.e tax transcripts) are all required. Should I send only Tax Transcripts, or include tax returns with W-2s as well?

Can someone who has attended the same interview at the same location provide any guidance?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Posted (edited)

all pages of IRS transcript   even if they do not apply to u (IRS transcripts are best instead of 1040 )

W2 and any 1099's that show income

not mentioned on the list but is always needed is USC proof of residency like copy of state photo ID or DL

proof of payment of any taxes owed or payment schedule of agreement to pay if petitioner owes back taxes otherwise not needed

Good to submit proof u have researched health care insurance in your state and can afford the costs

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

all pages of IRS transcript   even if they do not apply to u (IRS transcripts are best instead of 1040 )

W2 and any 1099's that show income

not mentioned on the list but is always needed is USC proof of residency like copy of state photo ID or DL

proof of payment of any taxes owed or payment schedule of agreement to pay if petitioner owes back taxes otherwise not needed

Good to submit proof u have researched health care insurance in your state and can afford the costs

Are 1099s and W-2s required though if I already have the tax transcripts?

Timeline
Just now, cpt_ad25 said:

Are 1099s and W-2s required though if I already have the tax transcripts?

yes,  why?  no one knows but if u don't want a long AP after interview,  send them 

and IRS transcrpripts don't show actual W2's it lists income from them

Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

yes,  why?  no one knows but if u don't want a long AP after interview,  send them 

According to another user, tax transcripts are sufficient and better not to mix & match:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Your fiance can just provide the tax transcripts and have the other things on hand if needed. But she doesn't need to offer anything else if they don't ask for it

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

Timeline
51 minutes ago, cpt_ad25 said:

According to another user, tax transcripts are sufficient and better not to mix & match:

Exactly as i said "send IRS transcripts and your W2(s) and any 1099 /its better than a 1040

Timeline
54 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

transcripts list income but that can be from more than 1 W2 that's why they want to see W2(s)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello,

All the Best!

May I pls ask how much it took after i-129 approval as I've heard that US embassy Islamabad has suspended routine visa services and our approved k1 petition is stuck at NVC since 02 months.

Grateful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.