AJ19962346

Vaccination requirements for DS260

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all 

I am in the middle of completing my ds260 but i am stuck at the question asking if I have the records of vaccinations as stated by US law. When i checked their site it states many vaccines around 15 vaccines from which i only have covid vaccine record. So should i put No ? And what should i put in the explanation for No?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sahvin said:

Hi all 

I am in the middle of completing my ds260 but i am stuck at the question asking if I have the records of vaccinations as stated by US law. When i checked their site it states many vaccines around 15 vaccines from which i only have covid vaccine record. So should i put No ? And what should i put in the explanation for No?

Put “No”. In the explanation section put “ Will be completed at Medical” assuming that’s your plan ..

moved to IR1 process and procedures forum as this  best reflects OPs question.  

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

Put “No”. In the explanation section put “ Will be completed at Medical” assuming that’s your plan ..

Thanks so much .. so i can get vaccinated at panel physician on my medical exam date ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sahvin said:

Thanks so much .. so i can get vaccinated at panel physician on my medical exam date ? 

Yes. They will determine which of the vaccines you need.. and do them then. .. Some places will tell you to get by them done privately .. it may be cheaper.. then, when you provide the documentation to the clinic, they will finalise the medical 

i suggest you ask the question

on the Canada subforum … How have people handled the lack of records and the  need for vaccinations 

But go ahead with the DS 260 answers as I suggested .. You only need to decide how you are going to get the vaccines after NVC has sent your completed  application to the  Consulate 

14 hours ago, Sahvin said:

Verify with the clinic. If I remember correctly, not all of them in Canada provide vaccine.  Will certainly be much cheaper/maybe free at a community clinic near you.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Verify with the clinic. If I remember correctly, not all of them in Canada provide vaccine.  Will certainly be much cheaper/maybe free at a community clinic near you.

Hi thanks for your help . 

You went to community clinic to get the vaccinations? Coz yes you r right its very expensive in other places.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sahvin said:

Hi thanks for your help . 

You went to community clinic to get the vaccinations? Coz yes you r right its very expensive in other places.

I'm not sure how it is in your area/province. Usually, adults do not need 15 vaccines, were you ever vaccinated in the past? 

Edited by Lemonslice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have had vaccines as a child, head to your local clinic and ask for a titres test.  That will determine your immunity.  If there are missing vaccines, you'll likely be referred to a travel clinic to receive your missing vaccines.  It's still cheaper to do this in advance of your medical with the civil surgeon.  Additionally, some of the vaccines require more than one dose with a time lapse in between.  If you manage this now, you may be able to get them all completed under provincial health care (or employer medical benefits in Canada) before heading Stateside.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It's very likely you received vaccinations as an infant, and your parents just didn't mention it.  It's so routine, it's understandable.  They probably indicated in on your initial school enrollment.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.