adiabatic

February 2024 filer; USCIS seems to have skipped over our batch

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Unfortunately I'm in the same situation! Filed February 26th and received my NOA1 by the 29th...now silenced. It helps to know I'm not alone in being skipped but doesn't make the waiting easier. If anyone from this batch receives their next notification can you let us know? 

Edited by nixANDeddy
Typos

I have a theory on this especially seeing the dates mentioned on this post. I had the same issue end of January filer. On track my visa now I noticed all weeks in January were processed fairly quick but then February started with no progress on the last week in January even some March started. I'm thinking they have a fast track and a slow trackfor procesing and applications coming in the last week of the month are slow tracked. This could just be a coincidence but I might recomend anyone about to file towards end of month wait a bit and file early the next month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/17/2024 at 11:28 PM, Matt S said:

I have a theory on this especially seeing the dates mentioned on this post. I had the same issue end of January filer. On track my visa now I noticed all weeks in January were processed fairly quick but then February started with no progress on the last week in January even some March started. I'm thinking they have a fast track and a slow trackfor procesing and applications coming in the last week of the month are slow tracked. This could just be a coincidence but I might recomend anyone about to file towards end of month wait a bit and file early the next month.

That's what we thought to but kinda different - a bunch of us filers from the first week of March (1st until 6th) have a theory that they just cut a % of cases regularly and consider them backlogs - kinda like what you said like a different pile. it's random etc. Since last week of Feb experienced the same as the first week of March. We think that those cases get randomly set into a different pile & processed at a slower rate. So, the majority or normal cases are being approved and they're currently approving April/may filers, even some June, as a fast rate, some even under 40 days, then there's the other pile considered 'backlogs' that get approved at a seriously slower rate than the newer cases. 

The way you said is really the only logical explanation - there is no way the cases being left behind are as a result of slower workers, there's hundreds if not a few thousand cases between Jan, Feb and March that are untouched, especially Feb and March having entire weeks (last week feb and first week march) completely untouched. There's no way that slow workers are responsible for that amount of cases haha. It can definitely contribute to it, but it can't possibly be the entire reason.

Hopefully they go back / start speeding up soon - it's comforting in some ways to see that we aren't alone, but it is darn emotionally challenging to work through and especially for those who have severe anxiety. I wish us all the best & will pray! ❤️ 

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it really is such a joke. we just heard about someone's case getting approved in barely over a month. all the while those of us from this super specific timeframe are stuck waiting while they just ignore our piles of cases and fast track everyone else. i'm not sure if i should assume incompetence or just malice. either seems likely. while these people get approved in barely over 30 days, we're expected to what, wait 2 years?

and i'm not allowed to submit an inquiry until MAY of 2025? what a joke. take the money and then look the other way it seems. 

"Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between May 27, 2024 and June 20, 2024*."

well that came and went, didn't it?

Edited by sonnyboy0323
addition

Timeline

I was kinda in the same boat, sent the end of Jan 2024 to USCIS.  I overran my ‘estimate’, ended up behind me some. It finally moved to the NVC with a May 30th date. I haven’t heard from the NVC yet.

With that those filed at the end of Feb ‘should’ be soon, though often it’s not always in order. I saw timelines where some filed after me, made it to the NVC ahead of me. That’s just the way it is. I doubt one could put a finger on the reason why. 

Timeline
On 6/26/2024 at 7:26 AM, sonnyboy0323 said:

it really is such a joke. we just heard about someone's case getting approved in barely over a month. all the while those of us from this super specific timeframe are stuck waiting while they just ignore our piles of cases and fast track everyone else. i'm not sure if i should assume incompetence or just malice. either seems likely. while these people get approved in barely over 30 days, we're expected to what, wait 2 years?

and i'm not allowed to submit an inquiry until MAY of 2025? what a joke. take the money and then look the other way it seems. 

"Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between May 27, 2024 and June 20, 2024*."

well that came and went, didn't it?

Honestly it is a huge joke at that point, mine said May 17th 2024 and June 25th 2024.. I filed march 4th & I'm seeing approvals from late May now.. even in the 20s! But the specific last week of February and first week of march are literally untouched. My inquiry date is 15th June 2025 and that's ridiculous, I know people in the past waited over  a year etc but come on, the times have clearly sped up, if people are being approved from filing in late May which is just around a month ago or less, why are we left waiting more than 4 months, it's all the cases in specific time slots, first week of march end week of feb.. how is that fair. just because we filed in a certain week?

I don't know, the process has definitely made me salty/bitter. & I know people say people before waited over a year be patient etc and ok yeah but that was covid, backlogs etc etc, if there is mass approvals in under 60 days why are we waiting with no ability to inquiry or see why we are being skipped etcetc? the wild thing was seeing an approval in under a month.. I'm at 4 months now. Like seriously? It's so depressing.

We pay the fee too, we file earlier yet we get ignored and left behind simply because we fall in a specific week they decide "yeah that time frame can wait"..? what logic is that

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Call USCIS and bug them. Skip the entire nightmare that is the customer service bot and say you need to "Reschedule an interview" and then say "interview" and you'll go straight to a real person. Maybe if enough people bring it to their attention they'll look into it. I know how federal emploeees can just easily forget things and sometimes don't have much oversight For all we know, it's a classic case of incompetence and they haven't even noticed yet 

Embassy: Havana, Cuba 

I-129F Filed: 02-23-2024

I-129F NOA1: 02-26-2024

I-129F NOA2: 08-22-2024

Timeline
On 6/28/2024 at 7:57 PM, Alyssa112 said:

Call USCIS and bug them. Skip the entire nightmare that is the customer service bot and say you need to "Reschedule an interview" and then say "interview" and you'll go straight to a real person. Maybe if enough people bring it to their attention they'll look into it. I know how federal emploeees can just easily forget things and sometimes don't have much oversight For all we know, it's a classic case of incompetence and they haven't even noticed yet 

I've already done this three times, they repeatedly just tell me I am assuming that my case has been skipped despite the fact it is hundreds of cases in the same 2 week period at the end of feb and start of march, it doesn't matter what I say, they just find some b.s crappy answer to give, these employees are lower level sort of customer service so its not like they can even tell me anything useful anyway and any time I ask to speak to a higher level employee or a supervisor im also met with the generic bs it isn't possible answer

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Posted (edited)

a K1 group chat my fiancée is in posted this message that they received from what i assume to be any one of those visa tracker programs.

what an absolute joke. and absolutely no accountability. again i ask, is this malice, or just incompetence? or is it because they can do whatever the hell they want and we have no power because they hold all the cards with their noses in the air and their fingers up their "rear".

i understand being patient, being positive and hoping and praying, but at some point enough is enough and positivity just doesn't cut it anymore. this is obviously some kind of anomaly and we have every right to be pissed about this. why us? because we weren't aware that its a "super duper oopsie" to file in this super specific timeframe? "oops, too bad" its so tiring, more than that, its infuriating. get your "stuff" together.

received_493578706404817.jpg

Edited by sonnyboy0323
"profanity"

Timeline

Yep! I saw this today after waking up, I'm a March 4th filer, and it seems extremely unfair that just because we fall within this range, we have to sit and get ignored and wait, whilst I see approvals from May - even late May, 20s and 30s.. Come on, that's pathetic. But we can't do anything! My inquiry date is May 2025, and I've called up 3 times and tried everything, but it's "normal processing times".. ok but every other week and month filer majorly gets approvals in under 90 days - since January that's how the majority of cases are being approved, every other week in March (my filing month) see's heavy approvals, same with April and May. I even saw many approvals in under 40 days!! How is that okay?

But we've been waiting over 127 days now.

Nothing we can do until MAY 2025 - ridiculous! 

Yeah bla bla being patient ok, yeah previous filers had to wait YEARS - ok! but we shouldn't have to now, that was covid backlogs etc etc, this year has been so fast for majority of applicants so why is our 2 week slot being skipped - at least if they told us what's going on or something - but I get the "Ma'am you're making the assumption your case has been skipped" when I call. 

Just because prev applicants waited 18+ months doesn't mean now we have to - the times have sped up, there's no pandemic, there's backlogs yes but they're not as huge as before - why can a May filer get approved in under 40 days but we're waiting 120+?

No way to hold them accountable or anything! I'm so upset

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

my case was received feb 20 2024. the estimate from track my visa was 2 months ago. No new estimate or adjusted estimate is given. Im not sure if my case was skipped because cases around me seem to have been adjudicated. seems like we have just been very unlucky. 

Screenshot_20240709-165720.png

Screenshot_20240709-165712.png

Does anyone know how long it ordinarily takes for your congressman to get back to you, if you request that they check in with USCIS on your behalf via constituent services? I sent in my privacy release form to my representative in the US House about 10 days ago, but haven't heard back from their office. They may not be able to do much more than send them an email on my behalf, but I suppose it's better than doing nothing...

Timeline
1 hour ago, adiabatic said:

Does anyone know how long it ordinarily takes for your congressman to get back to you, if you request that they check in with USCIS on your behalf via constituent services? I sent in my privacy release form to my representative in the US House about 10 days ago, but haven't heard back from their office. They may not be able to do much more than send them an email on my behalf, but I suppose it's better than doing nothing...

My fiance tried this, it took them around 7 working days to respond, but obviously the classic "case within normal processing times" was the response. All we can do is wait until we are approved, or wait until our inquiry dates (March 4th filer, mine is currently April 2025) :) fun right

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

so my fiancée found this video in one of her GC's and linked it to me. a video by TMVN attempting to explain the "unusual delay"

the long short of it more or less is, our dates were skipped for some unknown reason, but since June and July approvals "SEEM" to be slowing down, then it "MIGHT" mean that they're going back and looking at the cases from our timeline. at least that's the "HOPE"

so all in all, basically a whole lot of nothing and empty hopes with no solid proof of actual progress.

it really baffles me that there's no like, ex-uscis workers who have insider info. maybe they sign a NDA when they leave, i dunno.

just frustrated

Edited by sonnyboy0323

Timeline
On 7/20/2024 at 10:27 AM, sonnyboy0323 said:

so my fiancée found this video in one of her GC's and linked it to me. a video by TMVN attempting to explain the "unusual delay"

the long short of it more or less is, our dates were skipped for some unknown reason, but since June and July approvals "SEEM" to be slowing down, then it "MIGHT" mean that they're going back and looking at the cases from our timeline. at least that's the "HOPE"

so all in all, basically a whole lot of nothing and empty hopes with no solid proof of actual progress.

it really baffles me that there's no like, ex-uscis workers who have insider info. maybe they sign a NDA when they leave, i dunno.

just frustrated

yup we saw that too, once it was first posted.

TMVN gave the people in those date ranges free access to the subscription until we are all approved, which was extremely kind of him - at the end of the day he didn't have to do to such a nice thing for us.

But yes - it's just false hope imho.. that video was posted over a week ago, and in that time there have still been no approvals in our week (I'm a March 4th filer). The only approval that happened was almost 2 weeks ago and it was march 5th and the girl had an expedite request (she's my friend we spoke a lot during the wait) and i'm happy for her but I really had some hope after that video was posted. now, I do not.

"SEEM" "MIGHT", like you said - it's all just and if buts or maybes. Still no movement & It just feels so unfair that we are just the "unlucky" bunch.. so upset and frustrated.

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.