67 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

After all the work I was doing for my ex, I believe I was scammed based off the timeline and secrecy that unfolded after she abandoned me.

She got everything she needed out of me, while I was still in the process of working on her waiver, and disappeared. No issues with the marriage, but apparently she had been recording me during arguments at home and sharing it amongst my closest friends. NEVER any sort of police reports because we just argued like a... couple.

Everyone that knew her was always suspicious of her and all believe she had this planned all along (we're talking 15+ people).

I am almost certain she applied for a U-Visa, after she drained me of all my savings, paid off her schooling and so on.

Do I need to write to anyone to prove some of the lies, etc? I already submitted tip forms.

What can I do? Also, will she receive a work permit quickly? I feel like I am dealing with an absolute narcissist that is suddenly blaming every single thing on me and acting as a victim. I did nothing but give her the best of my capabilities.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Didn't you already post this? 

I read the same script within the last month

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

If there were no police reports, why do you think she applied for a U visa? Do you mean a different visa type perhaps?

I am certain it's a u-visa, no police report (I'm sure I would have been notified if there was).

AFTER she left, she suddenly said she had PTSD "like an army person". I believe she is taking the emotional abuse path by getting a psychological evaluation. She was never "unhappy" in the marriage.

It's so sad because every single person that knew us, knew how well she was being treated, what was being done for her. She was called a "princess" by everyone. She is suddenly playing a victim card and blaming me for every single thing in the marriage. She just got her education (completely paid for by me) and literally left in the middle of the day while I was at work. Her waiver I was applying for would have taken 2 years - I don't know if she was that selfish to leave just to get a work permit via U-visa?

Any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Timona said:

Didn't you already post this? 

I read the same script within the last month

No I never posted on here.

My other posts were about the waiver I was working on for her prior to her abandoning the marriage.

Edited by nmanc33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, nmanc33 said:

I believe she is taking the emotional abuse path by getting a psychological evaluation.

That sounds like VAWA to me.  I thought U visas were for victims of crimes.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

18 minutes ago, nmanc33 said:

I am certain it's a u-visa, no police report (I'm sure I would have been notified if there was).

If there's no police report/no crime then she won't qualify for a U visa. https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/U-Visa-Immigration-Relief-for-Victims-of-Certain-Crimes.pdf

Timeline
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, nmanc33 said:

My other posts were about the waiver I was working on for her prior to her abandoning the marriage.

So, you were trying to get a 2 year Home Residency Requirement waived?  If so, she has not yet filed an I-485...correct?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

13 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

That sounds like VAWA to me.  I thought U visas were for victims of crimes.

See I would have believed the same, but I have evidence she applied for U-visa.

9 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

If there's no police report/no crime then she won't qualify for a U visa. https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/U-Visa-Immigration-Relief-for-Victims-of-Certain-Crimes.pdf

No police report... I would know right? I mean, I didn't do anything...

5 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

OP, I think you’re confused about U visa vs VAWA.

I keep thinking the same, but the proof I have is U-Visa...

2 minutes ago, balo101 said:

I think she is applying for VAWA. 

Can you apply for U-Visa and Vawa together? The proof I have is U-visa

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Can you please clarify?

1) Are you a US citizen?

2) Are you married to the "ex"?

3) Did you sponsor "ex" for Green Card?

4) What solid evidence do you have of her committing fraud?

1. yes

2. Married, but separated since she abandoned me (State law 1 year separation)

3. I-485 and I-765 originally denied due to a waiver she needed. I-130 was only approved.

4. The timeline of everything (especially getting her masters then leaving immediately), what she was saying behind my back throughout our marriage to my friends, relatives and employees, also texts of her trying to manipulate me into saying "if I love her" I should still apply for the waiver AFTER she left.

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

So, you were trying to get a 2 year Home Residency Requirement waived?  If so, she has not yet filed an I-485...correct?

That was what we were trying to get waived yes. No Objection waiver came back denied.

Our original attorney filed for I-485 originally (with him knowing she was subject to 2 year HRR) and it came back denied obviously.

I can't tell you to what great lengths and mental mindset I was put through working on her waiver and she just got up and left. I spent hundreds of hours writing/reading, doctors, trauma for it.

Timeline
Just now, nmanc33 said:

See I would have believed the same, but I have evidence she applied for U-visa.

No police report... I would know right? I mean, I didn't do anything...

I keep thinking the same, but the proof I have is U-Visa...

Can you apply for U-Visa and Vawa together? The proof I have is U-visa

1. yes

2. Married, but separated since she abandoned me (State law 1 year separation)

3. I-485 and I-765 originally denied due to a waiver she needed. I-130 was only approved.

4. The timeline of everything (especially getting her masters then leaving immediately), what she was saying behind my back throughout our marriage to my friends, relatives and employees, also texts of her trying to manipulate me into saying "if I love her" I should still apply for the waiver AFTER she left.

OK.  Unless she charges you with a crime, you are out of the loop. You have no pending I-864 if the I-485 was denied.  She is on her own as far as immigration.  

Timeline
Posted (edited)

If the marriage is not salvageable, I would focus on protecting myself physically and financially. Per your comments, seems she has a weak U-Visa case involving you and a weak VAWA path forward. 

4 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

If she is your ex, then the best tip is to move on and let her manage her immigration stuff on her own.  Focus your energy on living your best life

Well said.  Agree 100%.

Edited by Crazy Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.