grmn101

Case status went from Request for Initial Evidence to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled in one day.

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

I submitted my I-485 application on April 15 2024 and was received by USCIS on April 18 in the Chicago lockbox.

I didn't hear anything until May 30 when I finally received a notification from my credit card saying USCIS charged the fee.

On Friday May 31 (the following day) I finally received a text message saying my case was received, and I got a case number.

As soon as I checked that number on the USCIS case status website I saw "Request for Initial Evidence", but when I checked it the following day it now said "Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled".

Has anyone else had this happened?

Does that mean anything?

I still haven't received anything in the mail, so until that happens I guess I wont have any clarification.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sounds like the application was put on someone's desk at USCIS that was out.  Though not common for them to take six weeks to receive an AOS package, it is not completely out of the ordinary.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Sounds like the application was put on someone's desk at USCIS that was out.  Though not common for them to take six weeks to receive an AOS package, it is not completely out of the ordinary.

Good Luck!

Or USCIS was just dealing with influx of cases. Agree, this is not extraordinary wait time.

Posted (edited)

Receiving an RFIE doesn't exclude you from having to do biometrics.

Sounds like they found something you missed, will send you RFIE in the mail, and in the meantime, you'll attend biometrics as required regardless. 

PS. Your VJ timeline is blank.

Please correct that by completing it.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Just to give a conclusion to the post (In case anyone in the future is looking at it).

The RFE was for missing the sponsor proof of being a citizen. Honestly while looking at the requirements or the guide on here. I didnt even see this was needed.

Lesson learned. I just submitted what was requested and sent it back. I'll see how long it now takes for the next step.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.