Surzel

About Mentioning Freelance Work During K-1 Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hello all!

My girlfriend is about to do her interview for the K-1, I work part time but the majority of my income comes from contracting and free lance that I don't have exact documentation of every job.

My girlfriend wants to know should she bring mention my free lance work or only my part time job if asked about during the interview (We have a Co-Sponsor so that part should all be taken care as far as the i-134 is concerned)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Surzel said:

Hello all!

My girlfriend is about to do her interview for the K-1, I work part time but the majority of my income comes from contracting and free lance that I don't have exact documentation of every job.

My girlfriend wants to know should she bring mention my free lance work or only my part time job if asked about during the interview (We have a Co-Sponsor so that part should all be taken care as far as the i-134 is concerned)

So you don’t have tax transcripts or evidence of current income?   

Having a joint sponsor doesn’t release you from the requirements as her primary sponsor and petitioner.   Aren’t you worried about the I-865 part of the process?   How do you plan to support someone who cannot work for many months?

Edited by SalishSea

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Surzel said:

that I don't have exact documentation of every job.

Do you not report this income on your taxes? You better hope you never get audited.

Even with a sponsor, you need some income or assets. You can get denied even with a sponsor if your personal financial situation looks very bad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
21 hours ago, SalishSea said:

So you don’t have tax transcripts or evidence of current income?   

As stated in the main post, I work a part time job, and do freelance 70% of my income, becoming a small business owner soon. Only the part time is (fully) currently documented, I understand that this might make problems even with a Co-Sponsor, should my Fiance mention my freelance work if asked about it in the interview is the question or would it complicate the situation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.