Powerfulsam1

Requirement for.case Transfer from Liberia to Sierra Leone

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello family,

<Petitioner name deleted> I am the Petitioner for my wife and two kids, i would like  to transfer their case from Liberia to Sierra Leone but I was told given the proximity and close relationship of the two nations and peoples, I wont need a Residence Permit to live or school there so my question is this: WHAT SPECIAL DOCUMENT SHE WILL NEED TO PRESENT TO THE NVC WHEN SHE DOES DECIDE TO REQUEST A TRANSFER OF HER CASE?

Anyone who has done a transfer from Liberia or idea on this type of situation, please help me so I can initiate the transfer with NVC..Time is of the essence. Just FYI, my PD is 05/03/2021 and I was DQ'd on Jan 4, 2023.

Edited by Crazy Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Personal identifying content removed from OP post****

- VJ Moderation

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

u need permission of US embassy Sierra Leone 

Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Sierra Leone at the U.S. Embassy in Freetown.

https://sl.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Powerfulsam1 said:

Hello family,

<Petitioner name deleted> I am the Petitioner for my wife and two kids, i would like  to transfer their case from Liberia to Sierra Leone but I was told given the proximity and close relationship of the two nations and peoples, I wont need a Residence Permit to live or school there so my question is this: WHAT SPECIAL DOCUMENT SHE WILL NEED TO PRESENT TO THE NVC WHEN SHE DOES DECIDE TO REQUEST A TRANSFER OF HER CASE?

Anyone who has done a transfer from Liberia or idea on this type of situation, please help me so I can initiate the transfer with NVC..Time is of the essence. Just FYI, my PD is 05/03/2021 and I was DQ'd on Jan 4, 2023.

She would need something to show she actually lives in Sierra Leone.  She must be a resident or Citizen to interview there.  No Consulate shopping allowed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 hours ago, Powerfulsam1 said:

Hello family,

NVC will not be making that decision.   It’s entirely up to the consulate where she wants to interview.   Why would they take the case of people who don’t live there, though?   To shorten the wait time for you?   They would have no reason to do that, as it just makes more work for them.

Transferring the case to a nation must be prompted by some situation of urgency or medical or medical and this is something personal for which no one is willing to share on this platform, I have seen post where people in here have been successful in at transferring their case base on personal reason best known to themselves so my original post ONLY asked for expertise from people who know what is required for transferring and the responses must be directed to the question not being judgmental in the sense that someone is doing consulate shopping or someone wants to be processed their case expeditiously and they do not live there, wow! Really?  But thanks for your input.  And those of you who responded objectively, thanks for being a good neighbor. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Powerfulsam1 said:

Transferring the case to a nation must be prompted by some situation of urgency or medical or medical and this is something personal for which no one is willing to share on this platform, I have seen post where people in here have been successful in at transferring their case base on personal reason best known to themselves so my original post ONLY asked for expertise from people who know what is required for transferring and the responses must be directed to the question not being judgmental in the sense that someone is doing consulate shopping or someone wants to be processed their case expeditiously and they do not live there, wow! Really?  But thanks for your input.  And those of you who responded objectively, thanks for being a good neighbor. 

What is needed is for the applicant to live in the country they wish to transfer the case to.  If the applicant lives there, they need some document that confirms that.  If they don't live there, then it is not possible.  No other "reasons" are relevant.  So, does the applicant live in Sierra Leone or not?  It really is that simple.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Powerfulsam1 said:

Sure, she moved there with the family and is working at the same time going to school, but the two kids just started School. 

Great, then she can document that she lives there, with record of employment and children's registration in School.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.