Joseph Underwood

Affidavit of support, evidence petitioner needs to show? London embassy. (Merged threads)

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lee Thacket said:

I was at the London embassy a few weeks ago. How much money do you have in your bank account? Is it more than 100% of the federal poverty level for what will be your household size?  

My fiancée is disabled, but her income is just above 100% of the federal poverty level. The I-134 was evidenced with social security letters (instead of an employer letter and payslips) and bank statements.

I also got a financial co-sponsor, a close family relative who is retired. She provided bank statements and three years of tax returns. If there is any doubt as to your fiancée's income over the next twelve months perhaps you could get a financial co-sponsor?

Several people have said here that the London embassy has a reputation for being rather lax in terms of evidence requirements. Things get a bit tougher when you apply for permanent residency. Have you thought ahead to that and how you will pay for health care?

Hey, yeah my partner (the petitioner) is well above the poverty guideline so we should be okay, it is only the two of us. I will take the tax forms along with the bank account information signed by an officer though to be safe. If need be when the time comes for permanent residency we can use a co sponsor too which may be a good idea. Thank you for the information, I had not thought much about the adjustment of status process. 

Edited by Joseph Underwood

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joseph Underwood said:

Hey, I've spoken to a few people who have just been through the process in London embassy and they said all that they took was last year's tax return. So I'll take that along with my partners balance information too just in case. But all I have spoken to have said I should be fine with just tax returns at the London embassy, apparently they are more relaxed. Thank you though 

I have given quite of thought to the adjustment of status process. Apparently it can last a long time!

You mentioned a lot of your fiancée's income comes from tips. Do you know how consular officers treat variable income? I have never seen that topic discussed here.

5 minutes ago, Lee Thacket said:

I have given quite of thought to the adjustment of status process. Apparently it can last a long time!

You mentioned a lot of your fiancée's income comes from tips. Do you know how consular officers treat variable income? I have never seen that topic discussed here.

Yeah I did not realise how much of a headache it is going to be! I always thought just get this part done, and then worry about the next step.

At least we will be together throughout the AOS though.

And no I am not sure, she had a good year so I know her most recent tax returns and her current bank account assets will be enough for now as evidence.

But like you said it is variable so for the AOS it could be different, though she may be changing jobs come July so maybe that would be good for when we do AOS as well just having a set salary. I feel like to be safe though we do have someone willing to be a joint sponsor, so when the time comes we could always consider that! We will see where we are at I guess when the time comes 😬

Hi,

I have my interview date soon, does the I-134 form and our reaffirmation letter saying we intend to marry both need to have wet signatures?

And do they also have to be originals and not scanned on copies? I have read some people have had no trouble with scanned copies, and others have had no problem with typewritten even.

However if they are supposed to be original and a wet signature I would rather be safe 

Any knowledge would be appreciated, 

Thank you

Timeline

My partner had his interview mid May of this year in London. Everything we handed over that required my signature was scanned. Obviously all of his were wet since he printed off and signed himself. But it was not an issue!

Timeline

Posting this here because I was asking the same questions and found this on an old thread 🙂 https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

I know it doesn’t answer the wet/scanned signature question per se, but it is direct from the consulate. Since the I-134 is not “required” but is a suggested format then I believe a scanned signature should be fine. 

It also looks like the reaffirmation is only required in certain cases. Obviously follow any directives you receive in packet 3 as they may request it from individuals even though it is not a general requirement. 

Another thread has been merged with an existing on the topic of I-134. @Joseph Underwood as instructed before, do not start another thread on the subject; keep all questions in this thread only. Otherwise it is considered spamming and will put your account at risk.

VJ Moderation 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ScarletWitch6x said:

It also looks like the reaffirmation is only required in certain cases.

It's only technically required if your petition approval has expired by the time you are interviewing, but as it is a case of literally just changing the date on your I-129F letters of intent and re-printing, I am unsure why anyone would leave this out. It's better to have too much than not enough.

💌I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

⚠️NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

⚠️NOA2: 2024-08-02

📤USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

📤NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

📥Embassy Received: 2024-09-30

⚕️Medical:

📋K1 Interview:

🪪K1 Visa Received: 

🛬POE:

💒Married:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/5/2024 at 3:30 AM, Joseph Underwood said:

Hi,

I have my interview date soon, does the I-134 form and our reaffirmation letter saying we intend to marry both need to have wet signatures?

And do they also have to be originals and not scanned on copies? I have read some people have had no trouble with scanned copies, and others have had no problem with typewritten even.

However if they are supposed to be original and a wet signature I would rather be safe 

Any knowledge would be appreciated, 

Thank you

Hi Joseph,

When did your petition expire originally? And what date was your medical and interview? Just curious because I am going to have to do something similar to you as my interview will be after the petition expiry date due to a delay in receiving my police certificate.

Hope you can help!

3 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Hi Joseph,

When did your petition expire originally? And what date was your medical and interview? Just curious because I am going to have to do something similar to you as my interview will be after the petition expiry date due to a delay in receiving my police certificate.

Hope you can help!

Hey, expired in May, and medical was 13 days before my interview. Everything was fine and London embassy was very relaxed. Most of the time you are just sat waiting to be called up to the window so no stress :)

Timeline
6 hours ago, Joseph Underwood said:

Hey, expired in May, and medical was 13 days before my interview. Everything was fine and London embassy was very relaxed. Most of the time you are just sat waiting to be called up to the window so no stress :)

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for letting me know! I appreciate the advice and help. So was your interview this month?

How did you travel to the embassy? I'm looking at either getting the bus or train into London then either getting a bus or the tube to on the way to the embassy.

Also what state are you moving to?

2 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for letting me know! I appreciate the advice and help. So was your interview this month?

How did you travel to the embassy? I'm looking at either getting the bus or train into London then either getting a bus or the tube to on the way to the embassy.

Also what state are you moving to?

Yeah I just got a coach, I actually got an over night coach and got to London for like 6:00. Went to a cafe and then went to my interview after at around 9:00, my interview was for 09:30. Embassy is easy to find.

And I'm moving to Oregon :) you?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Joseph Underwood said:

Yeah I just got a coach, I actually got an over night coach and got to London for like 6:00. Went to a cafe and then went to my interview after at around 9:00, my interview was for 09:30. Embassy is easy to find.

Ahh did you get any sleep (where did you travel from)? haha and nice! And my partner is from California so that is where I have applied for.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Joseph Underwood said:

Also forgot to ask when are you thinking of travelling over to the USA or are you still deciding on that?

12 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Ahh did you get any sleep (where did you travel from)? haha and nice! And my partner is from California so that is where I have applied for.

2 hours ago, SL2024 said:

Also forgot to ask when are you thinking of travelling over to the USA or are you still deciding on that?

Yeah I got a little bit of sleep on the coach, but then needed a coffee before the interview haha. Ah California is nice :) and we have a trip booked for next week, and then when we get back I plan on leaving around July 11th. Just got a message today saying passport is ready to collect :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.