254 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dlrgrs said:

Hi all,

I passed my interview yesterday and took same day oath in newark since I did not request to change my name. The certificate was issued there and handed to us during the oath. officer lady was super kind and the process was smooth except waiting for hours to take the oath. 

Yay!! Congrats! I will have mine at Cranbury I suspect it’s same day path as the letter request I bring all documents ever issued to me which is what the oath letter usually says.

What questions were you asked? Did you register to vote? I'm prepping real hard I’ve got only got two weeks more! 

Timeline
On 10/10/2024 at 7:26 AM, Dlrgrs said:

Hi all,

I passed my interview yesterday and took same day oath in newark since I did not request to change my name. The certificate was issued there and handed to us during the oath. officer lady was super kind and the process was smooth except waiting for hours to take the oath. 

congrats

On 10/10/2024 at 12:49 PM, Tropical_Man1 said:

Yay!! Congrats! I will have mine at Cranbury I suspect it’s same day path as the letter request I bring all documents ever issued to me which is what the oath letter usually says.

What questions were you asked? Did you register to vote? I'm prepping real hard I’ve got only got two weeks more! 

Thank you! My appointment was at 11:15, but it took place after 11:30. The first ceremony was around 12, but my certificate wasn’t ready, so I wasn’t called for the first one. The second ceremony was around 3, unfortunately, so I had to wait a long time. While waiting for my appointment, my hands were shaking from excitement, but the officer lady was incredibly calming. We laughed and chatted, which I didn’t expect. These were the questions, though not in order:

•    When was the Constitution written?
    •    Two rights mentioned in the Declaration of Independence?
    •    What is the capital of the USA?
    •    What is the capital of New Jersey?
    •    Which ocean is on the East Coast?
    •    In which month do we vote for the President?

Timeline
12 hours ago, Dlrgrs said:

Forgot to tell that yes I am registered to vote online and I can see my voter Id right now. It was such an easy process 

I thought i can have the opportunity to vote this coming November

Hi all. Wanted to update you on my citizenship Interview yesterday (Tuesday 15OCT24). Appointment was for 11:45 am, I arrived around 11:10 and checked in without major incidences. However, I wasn’t called in until approximately 1:50 pm since there was a large crowd of people waiting to be interviewed.

Interviewing officer was very friendly. He asked me for my appointment letter, green card, TX state drivers license and my passports (I have two – one current and one expired). He verified my travel dates in the passports and returned both to me plus the green card and drivers license. He kept my appointment letter.

He proceeded to ask about my marriage, and kids. If there are any problems with my marriage etc. He asked what I do now for work now and was very impressed since it was in the same line of work as my graduate degree PS: he had asked what I studied for after seeing my original F1 visa that brought me to the US. He then proceeded to ask these questions below which I answered:

1.    Who is the Chief justice of the US

2.    Name one problem that led to the civil war

3.    Who did the US fight during WW2

4.    What is the ocean on the west coast of the US

5.    Name two US National Holidays

6.    Who is the current vice president of the US

Reading question on the ipad: I can’t recall but it was super easy

Writing question on the ipad: Lincoln was the President during the civil war

He then proceeded to ask a bunch of N400 YES/NO questions. He told me congratulations! Then printed out a form with my pass results. He said that I will be receive my oath invitation letter within less than a month!

He walked me outside and sent me downstairs to some room to get my citizenship certificate photo taken. The lady who took my photo also congratulated me. I was back in my car at 2:07 pm!

My case status online changed to the #we will mail you an oath invitation# status about one hour later!

11 minutes ago, Nanosphere said:

Hi all. Wanted to update you on my citizenship Interview yesterday (Tuesday 15OCT24). Appointment was for 11:45 am, I arrived around 11:10 and checked in without major incidences. However, I wasn’t called in until approximately 1:50 pm since there was a large crowd of people waiting to be interviewed.

Interviewing officer was very friendly. He asked me for my appointment letter, green card, TX state drivers license and my passports (I have two – one current and one expired). He verified my travel dates in the passports and returned both to me plus the green card and drivers license. He kept my appointment letter.

He proceeded to ask about my marriage, and kids. If there are any problems with my marriage etc. He asked what I do now for work now and was very impressed since it was in the same line of work as my graduate degree PS: he had asked what I studied for after seeing my original F1 visa that brought me to the US. He then proceeded to ask these questions below which I answered:

He then proceeded to ask a bunch of N400 YES/NO questions. He told me congratulations! Then printed out a form with my pass results. He said that I will be receive my oath invitation letter within less than a month!

He walked me outside and sent me downstairs to some room to get my citizenship certificate photo taken. The lady who took my photo also congratulated me. I was back in my car at 2:07 pm!

My case status online changed to the #we will mail you an oath invitation# status about one hour later!

Congrats! Did you apply under 3 year rule?

57 minutes ago, Nanosphere said:

Yes, three year rule. Field Office: Dallas, TX.

Hence questions about marriage. Some officers expect US citizen spouse to be in the waiting area when LPR goes through 3 year rule N-400 interview. You're lucky officer didn't start grilling you on marriage, I've seen this reported on VJ. 

Had my interview and same day oath yesterday in Seattle. Interview took like ten minutes but I had to wait for over two hours to get called in.

Finally Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Transatlanticism said:

Had my interview and same day oath yesterday in Seattle. Interview took like ten minutes but I had to wait for over two hours to get called in.

Finally Done!

Congrats!!! 

6 hours ago, Nanosphere said:

Congratulations 

Hello All, wanted to come here to close the loop. I had my interview today and the oath ceremony scheduled for Nov 25th. This has been a 5 year journey, so feels incredible to finally be at the end of it. My officer was super friendly, almost did not feel like an interview. It was more of an informal chat. I was done in about 25 minutes. With me being divorced, I was expecting more strict questioning, but she did not discuss it at all. I want to thank everyone for their advice and moral support, and wish everyone waiting the best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Preparing for the interview next week. In my letter with interview date, it was meantioned for my N400 and I751. But I just got approval for my I751 after the scheduling, should I still bring complete evidence of our marriage in my interview? Thank you!

4 hours ago, lady8lu said:

Preparing for the interview next week. In my letter with interview date, it was meantioned for my N400 and I751. But I just got approval for my I751 after the scheduling, should I still bring complete evidence of our marriage in my interview? Thank you!

I think to be safe you should bring approval letter for I-751, marital evidence and spouse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.