254 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

already got our N400 interview date for the Oct 22nd with pending I-751. However today, we received an update our I-751 got approved and card is being produced. 😃

already got our N400 interview date for the Oct 22nd with pending I-751. However today, we received an update our I-751 got approved and card is being produced. 😃

7 minutes ago, lady8lu said:

Awesome, congrats! Take your approval letter and GC (if you'll get it by then) to N-400 interview. I'd still consider bringing more evidence of bonafide marriage and US citizen spouse just in case 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, lady8lu said:

Did you receive two interview letters when you were scheduled for N-400? I received both so mine is definitely a combo :)

Surprisingly a friend got approved for I-751 this last Sunday and he is still waiting to be scheduled for N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Porto said:

Had my interview today in the Philadelphia FO.

Civics test went fine (agent stopped after asking 6 questions) and she asked some more details about my previous i751 application since I got divorced during that process (the n400 application was on the 5 year basis).
At the end of the interview she gave me the paper saying my application was approved and they would schedule the oath.

A few minutes ago my application was updated and I got my oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 29th. I have an international trip two weeks later, so I'll have to look into an emergency passport appointment 😰

Oh wow! Congratulations that's alsomy interview date! I got same-day oath :) 

1 hour ago, pnw12 said:

For those of you with pending I-751s, do you feel your cases took longer to process due to this? I'm seeing a bunch of people who filed around the same time as me getting interviews but I'm still on case is being actively reviewed. :(

This is normal. Yes, pending I-751 can slow your N-400. There's other factors - your local field office, your adjudicator and general slowdown as election is almost here (e.g. less incentive to naturalize people)

Timeline
5 hours ago, Porto said:

Civics test went fine (agent stopped after asking 6 questions) and she asked some more details about my previous i751 application since I got divorced during that process (the n400 application was on the 5 year basis).
At the end of the interview she gave me the paper saying my application was approved and they would schedule the oath.

A few minutes ago my application was updated and I got my oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 29th. I have an international trip two weeks later, so I'll have to look into an emergency passport appointment 😰

congrats

Timeline
4 hours ago, lady8lu said:

congrats keep us update

6 hours ago, Porto said:

Congratulations! You must be so relieved. 

I am in the same boat as you, N-400 is on 5 year basis and I got divorced in third year of marriage. I would appreciate further insights into the kind of questions you were asked about the i751 application and your divorce specifically. What proof/evidence did you have to provide for the divorce? Did they question the validity of the marriage?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just got my interview today! 

File: June 26 

Interview:  Nov 13

Office: Albany,NY

Under the 5 year

YAY!! 

Edited by chevyangel

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, TZM said:

Congratulations! You must be so relieved. 

I am in the same boat as you, N-400 is on 5 year basis and I got divorced in third year of marriage. I would appreciate further insights into the kind of questions you were asked about the i751 application and your divorce specifically. What proof/evidence did you have to provide for the divorce? Did they question the validity of the marriage?

The agent started by asking some more details about the timing of the divorce and when I filed the i751. She also asked if I planned on getting divorced when I applied for the green card. I clarified that we got divorced because my ex-wife came out as lesbian and she asked a few follow up questions to understand more about it and why it was not an issue before.

I would say she was just doing her job and trying to probe for any contradictions. However my marriage was bonafide and I never intended to get divorced, so I think made that pretty clear. I didn't bring any additional evidence besides my divorce certificate. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but just be prepared for some potential questions.

I also got a notice today that my interview is being rescheduled. I did mention to the agent that I have an international trip mid November and she noted that in my file. I think they saw that this morning and automatically canceled my original oath date.

Kinda sucks since I think the original date would've been fine for getting an emergency passport, but now at least I don't have to stress about that.

Timeline
2 hours ago, chevyangel said:

Just got my interview today! 

File: June 26 

Interview:  Nov 13

Office: Albany,NY

Under the 5 year

YAY!! 

congrats,

before you got your  interview notice did you got some king of  message ?

mine says your case is taking longer than expected

no interview notice yet and still waiting

Edited by sheima

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
30 minutes ago, sheima said:

congrats,

before you got your interview notice, did you get some king of  message ?

mine says your case is taking longer than expected

no interview notice yet and still waiting

No, I didn't. It was still processing as of last night, but sending you god vibs and blessing your way. Hope it changes soon for you. 

5 hours ago, Porto said:

The agent started by asking some more details about the timing of the divorce and when I filed the i751. She also asked if I planned on getting divorced when I applied for the green card. I clarified that we got divorced because my ex-wife came out as lesbian and she asked a few follow up questions to understand more about it and why it was not an issue before.

I would say she was just doing her job and trying to probe for any contradictions. However my marriage was bonafide and I never intended to get divorced, so I think made that pretty clear. I didn't bring any additional evidence besides my divorce certificate. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but just be prepared for some potential questions.

I also got a notice today that my interview is being rescheduled. I did mention to the agent that I have an international trip mid November and she noted that in my file. I think they saw that this morning and automatically canceled my original oath date.

Kinda sucks since I think the original date would've been fine for getting an emergency passport, but now at least I don't have to stress about that.

Thank you for the response, this is very helpful. It sounds quite intimidating with that line of questioning, so I definitely make sure to prepare ahead of time. 

Good luck with your oath ceremony and travels. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.