203 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/15/2024 at 9:05 AM, happiestoflives said:

I should also be in Baltimore, the waiting is so nerve wracking...

On 9/15/2024 at 7:44 AM, Vijay90 said:

Still waiting 6/21, Baltimore FO. I think this is the slowest field office I know of. 
Congrats everyone who have progressed! 

Dealing with the Baltimore FO has been quite challenging. We filed our application in February and had our interview on May 23rd. We had requested a combo interview when we applied, but the officer seemed unaware of this request. He said he would transfer the case but ended up conducting a combo interview (though he spent more time talking about other matters than the actual interview). After the interview, he mentioned that once the ROC case was transferred to his office, he would approve it, which could take about a week. The ROC was transferred the next day, but the case went cold for another three months. We reached out to our congressman, but that didn’t help much. Eventually, we contacted the White House, and someone there got in touch with USCIS. After three months, the case was approved, and about three weeks later, we completed the oath ceremony. We’re relieved that it’s finally done. Hopefully, things will move more quickly for others. I’ve heard that if it’s just an N-400 application, it can be processed faster, and if you’re fortunate to have an early morning interview, you might even get the same-day oath. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jish&Abt said:

Dealing with the Baltimore FO has been quite challenging. We filed our application in February and had our interview on May 23rd. We had requested a combo interview when we applied, but the officer seemed unaware of this request. He said he would transfer the case but ended up conducting a combo interview (though he spent more time talking about other matters than the actual interview). After the interview, he mentioned that once the ROC case was transferred to his office, he would approve it, which could take about a week. The ROC was transferred the next day, but the case went cold for another three months. We reached out to our congressman, but that didn’t help much. Eventually, we contacted the White House, and someone there got in touch with USCIS. After three months, the case was approved, and about three weeks later, we completed the oath ceremony. We’re relieved that it’s finally done. Hopefully, things will move more quickly for others. I’ve heard that if it’s just an N-400 application, it can be processed faster, and if you’re fortunate to have an early morning interview, you might even get the same-day oath. Good luck!

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you had so much trouble! Our ROC was also taking a long time, but this time around, it should "just" be the N-400 on a 5-year basis, so I hope, hope, hope, it won't be too long.

I just checked the VJ Timelines and none of the recent N-400 filers who entered their data had the oath ceremony on the day of the interview, so at this point, I'm not even hoping for that anymore. All I'd like to see is some movement. It was honestly hard enough to lose my spouse so soon after ROC was completed and without my spouse getting to see me for the oath ceremony whenever it will be.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, happiestoflives said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you had so much trouble! Our ROC was also taking a long time, but this time around, it should "just" be the N-400 on a 5-year basis, so I hope, hope, hope, it won't be too long.

I just checked the VJ Timelines and none of the recent N-400 filers who entered their data had the oath ceremony on the day of the interview, so at this point, I'm not even hoping for that anymore. All I'd like to see is some movement. It was honestly hard enough to lose my spouse so soon after ROC was completed and without my spouse getting to see me for the oath ceremony whenever it will be.

I’m really sorry to hear about your spouse; I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. If it’s just the N-400, hopefully, it will move along more quickly. Our interview was at 7:15 in the morning, and the officer mentioned that if we didn’t have the ROC, we might have had the oath ceremony the same day. However, I’m not sure how much to trust his words. I used https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/request/" to get help with my case, and I really think it made a difference. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jish&Abt said:

I’m really sorry to hear about your spouse; I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. If it’s just the N-400, hopefully, it will move along more quickly. Our interview was at 7:15 in the morning, and the officer mentioned that if we didn’t have the ROC, we might have had the oath ceremony the same day. However, I’m not sure how much to trust his words. I used https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/request/" to get help with my case, and I really think it made a difference. 

Thank you! It is not easy, but fulfilling some of my spouse's wishes and dreams brings me closer to my spouse. I just wish we had had more time.

We'll see what my paperwork is doing. There's no speeding it up at the moment, so it's all wait and see.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Mrsspiny said:

I was in the middle of something at work and got the glorious notification. 
my interview was scheduled 

applied 6/27 online 

biometrics reuse immediately 

interview scheduled for oct 23 Denver field office 

Congratulations!!! I just ask Emma my interview is on Oct 29.. Hoping I can still register to vote using the last means - Mail in ballot, which deadline is Oct 29

My field office offers same-day oath ceremonies 

Edited by Tropical_Man1

Timeline
3 hours ago, acciowand said:

UPDATE: Interview was scheduled for 10/22 ☺️

FO: Nashville, TN

• 06/01/24: Online Application
  • 06/01/24: Biometrics Reuse / Notice of Receipt
  • 08/27/24: i-751 approved, 10yrs GC was mailed
  • 09/16/24: Interview was scheduled for 10/22/24

congrats

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mrsspiny said:

I was in the middle of something at work and got the glorious notification. 
my interview was scheduled 

applied 6/27 online 

biometrics reuse immediately 

interview scheduled for oct 23 Denver field office 

congrats! what is your office ?

I’m so happy to see everyone getting their interviews scheduled! Congratulations! ☺️ for everyone else who are still waiting, I hope you’ll get yours soon! It looks like most FOs are finally going through june filers.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mail2n said:

Any june filers filed under 5 yr rule still waiting for interview date ? 

File date June 5, still waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.