203 posts in this topic

I have a quick question on the section which about children. I have my children here with me and they have been living with me all their lives. I added them to the form as expected. But there is another question asking me to provide documentation that I have been supporting my kids. How could I have not been supporting them? Anyone else sees this and if yes, what do you put as support that was accepted? Maybe I filled in something incorrectly somewhere, I checked and all seems fine to me.

Hello June Filers! I just submitted my application today, 6/6/2024 based on the 5 year rule. I immediately received the biometric reuse notification. Case time currently says 7 months and its been assigned to the NBC service center. Good luck to us all. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, fellow June filers!

I also submitted with a date of June 5, and it's with the NBC and also at 7 months. We'll see how things go. Good luck everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, happiestoflives said:

I filed online, so I had the update that the case is with the NBC pretty much right away. Biometrics reuse notification came right after.

I did mine online and it didnt say what service center. I just got an IOE number and a receipt for payment. 
i didnt get biometric reuse either, although I am guessing that I wont get one due to getting IR1 overseas. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 6/6/2024 at 10:35 PM, HKS said:

I did mine online and it didnt say what service center. I just got an IOE number and a receipt for payment. 
i didnt get biometric reuse either, although I am guessing that I wont get one due to getting IR1 overseas. 

So I checked my online account and the notices were there. They didnt send an email like usual. 
I got an appointment for biometrics and assigned NBC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/5/2024 at 7:12 PM, Hasania said:

I have a quick question on the section which about children. I have my children here with me and they have been living with me all their lives. I added them to the form as expected. But there is another question asking me to provide documentation that I have been supporting my kids. How could I have not been supporting them? Anyone else sees this and if yes, what do you put as support that was accepted? Maybe I filled in something incorrectly somewhere, I checked and all seems fine to me.

That section is for anyone paying child support and not living with their kids. That can be skipped if it is otherwise for you. 

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on my end!

Seven days after submitting my online application, I got my receipt notice mail today.
After submitting online, I immediately got a biometric reuse and notice documents. However, the physical receipt notice includes a section about the next steps, stating that this is not a biometric appointment and that I will receive a separate mail for the biometric appointment. Do you think I will still get a biometric appointment mail, despite having received the biometric reuse document online, or is this just a standard message sent to everyone?

Let me know what you think:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dlrgrs said:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on my end!

Seven days after submitting my online application, I got my receipt notice mail today.
After submitting online, I immediately got a biometric reuse and notice documents. However, the physical receipt notice includes a section about the next steps, stating that this is not a biometric appointment and that I will receive a separate mail for the biometric appointment. Do you think I will still get a biometric appointment mail, despite having received the biometric reuse document online, or is this just a standard message sent to everyone?

Let me know what you think:)

It's probably just their generic default NOA that you received, with no edits made regarding Biometrics etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Just filed my N-400 online so I figured I could join the conversation! I'm filing based on the 3 year rule and with a pending I-751 since July 2022. After filing I also immediately received the Notice of Receipt and a Biometric Reuse notice. My case was also assigned to the NBC. Best of luck to all of us in this last leg of our USCIS dealings!

Edited by ME&RS

On 6/8/2024 at 3:12 PM, happiestoflives said:

It's probably just their generic default NOA that you received, with no edits made regarding Biometrics etc.

Yes that was the situation exactly, thanks for the answer! I got another NOA today which states that no need to appear for biometric

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

I just also just filed my N-400 online. Got my receipt and biometrics reuse notice immediately. And my case is assigned to NBC, which seems to be the standard here. I'm fling under the 3 year rule and still have an I-751 pending. Fingers crossed for everyone here! We're almost done. 

Edited by Fenja
typo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.