JSV21

I purchased picture from walgreens. Can I staple them to a paper to explain. (Merged threads)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
9 hours ago, JSV21 said:

Understood but that not everyone cultures

We do engagement ceremony that's were you do the rings. At the wedding there is nor rings we don't exchnage those at the wedding. And our wedding is completely different.

American visa, American culture.

Please read previous discussions you've started.  Immigration services is not interested in ceremonies or rings, at any point.  They want it made very clear that you declare to marry this person by the parameters set by the fiance visa, and that you have not taken steps to legally marry this person yet.

If you would like to use ceremonies or rings as proof, may I recommend the spousal visa, where you get married first?

JHVISAJOURNEY (1).png

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2024 at 2:32 AM, hplusj said:

Please read previous discussions you've started.  Immigration services is not interested in ceremonies or rings, at any point.  They want it made very clear that you declare to marry this person by the parameters set by the fiance visa, and that you have not taken steps to legally marry this person yet.

If you would like to use ceremonies or rings as proof, may I recommend the spousal visa, where you get married first?

I just read through the k1 interview on the Mumbai thread on this sub. already saw 2 to 3 posts where people said they were asked if engaged and if they had photos. one commentor showed a spiral book of photos and another commenter showed photos etc. you said there not intr=erested at any point its not confusing to show photos or not since they arasked for becuase they know the culture and know you have photos rob why they ask. but i guess they dont want cermeony pics idk.

Ok at Mumbai visa this person was asked about engament ceremony they said yes and showed pictures. So it is a culture thing thing if they ask you shownthem then i guess. Quote is below.

11. Did you have an engagement ceremony? Do you have photos? (I had a spiral-bound album with engagement photos, which I presented. The officer looked through the album, including other photos.)

12. After reviewing the album, have you visited the US?

13. What was the longest duration of your stay in the US?

14. Have you made any wedding plans?

Upon concluding the questions, the officer said the golden words, "Your visa is approved." He then reviewed my application once more and noted that I had chosen the delivery option. He informed me that I should expect my passport to arrive within a week. The entire interview process concluded at 11:15 A.M.

On 6/2/2024 at 3:39 PM, powerpuff said:

The letter of intent is pretty clear that that is your fiancé. If you read though official requirements, there’s not a word on engagement photos or rings or engagement proposal photos.

So what about in the interview if they ask if you had a cermony. In Mumbai embassy they asked this one persona dn she said yes and showed the pics.

Ok at Mumbai visa this person was asked about engament ceremony they said yes and showed pictures. So it is a culture thing thing if they ask you shownthem then i guess. Quote is below.

11. Did you have an engagement ceremony? Do you have photos? (I had a spiral-bound album with engagement photos, which I presented. The officer looked through the album, including other photos.)

12. After reviewing the album, have you visited the US?

13. What was the longest duration of your stay in the US?

14. Have you made any wedding plans?

Upon concluding the questions, the officer said the golden words, "Your visa is approved." He then reviewed my application once more and noted that I had chosen the delivery option. He informed me that I should expect my passport to arrive within a week. The entire interview process concluded at 11:15 A.M.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Please stop tagging me multiple times, thank you.

In fact, do the case how you want.  I'll leave my advice out of this moving forward.  Best of luck.

Edited by hplusj

JHVISAJOURNEY (1).png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/2/2024 at 2:44 PM, JSV21 said:

When you have a engament the girl buys a dress that she wears and i buy something as well.

Not true. Everyone does it differently. When I got engaged I was in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I didn't even have a ring at the time.

Dresses, suits, dinners, parties, jewelry, etc are not evidence of an engagement. All it takes is a question and an answer. It doesn't matter how many receipts and photos you have. All USCIS care about is if your relationship is genuine, you've met within 2 years and that you are both legally able to marry.

Be cautious of trying too hard. It may end up working against you.

[I-129F to K1] 

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

NOA2: 2024-08-02

USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

Embassy Received: 

Medical:

Interview:

Visa Received: 

POE:

Married:

On 6/28/2024 at 1:14 PM, smilingstone said:

Not true. Everyone does it differently. When I got engaged I was in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I didn't even have a ring at the time.

Dresses, suits, dinners, parties, jewelry, etc are not evidence of an engagement. All it takes is a question and an answer. It doesn't matter how many receipts and photos you have. All USCIS care about is if your relationship is genuine, you've met within 2 years and that you are both legally able to marry.

Be cautious of trying too hard. It may end up working against you.

Mumbai interview I posted exact excerpts. You can also google Mumbai co sulfate k1 interviews. You will see people asked if they had engagement ceremony they said yes and showed pics. Since it's part of the culture. We don't do it I. Casual clothes it's a whole cermony. So if they ask did you have a cero.ing your going to say yes I. That case and then show pics. So it depends on culture. 

Posted (edited)

You stated embassy is not interested in engagement ceremony. That was your comment.  But people were asked if they had a ceremony at the Mumbai consulate interview. Now you don't wish to comment.

Also only tagged you twice and both times those were quotes. Of people asked if they had a ceremony.  Which you stayed there not interested in.

Edited by JSV21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Embassies are aware of the cultural practices of the country they are in. At the interview stage, they could indeed ask for evidence of your engagement ceremony. However, it is not a requirement to have done such a thing (many people here from a wide variety of countries have not). As it is common practice (I assume) in the beneficiary's country, it can build confidence that your engagement is not fraudulent. 

At the petition stage (i-129f), such a thing is not necessary or asked for. The petitioner only has to prove the two of you physically met in the last two years. 

Reading is what? Fun-da-men-tal!

especially during your Visa Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.