Deejee

How long from issued status until you receive your passport

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Deejee said:

Does anyone know if we still receive a seal envelope to take with us? Or is it done electronically now?  Thank you.

Both.

My mother-in-law came over from Jakarta in October of 2023.  Her documents were done electronically.

But I've seen people on here recently who have had to carry the envelope over with them.

You might try asking in the regional forum (I think you're in the UK, but I'm not sure).  You might also get more specific information if you give the embassy you're working with.

Regards,
Vicky's Mom

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deejee said:

Does anyone know if we still receive a seal envelope to take with us? Or is it done electronically now?  Thank you.

It depends on the visa type. Employment based get an envelope, family based don't as it's done electronically. As for passport return, that will depend on the consulate but usually within a week. 

If you can fill in your profile then people will be able to see your visa type and consulate when you post.

Edited by appleblossom

2 hours ago, Deejee said:

@Vickys_Mom @appleblossom  Thank you both. I will do that. 

Now I can see you're UK and spousal visa - you won't get an envelope, and you should have your passport back within a week. I had my interview in London on the Monday afternoon, it turned to issued almost instantly, and passport was back with visa in it by the Thursday so 4 days in total.

Thank you @appleblossom for sharing with me.  Oh good it shows more of my details on here now.  So no envelope, thank you. 

My interviewed was April 5th, showed 'Issued' yesterday, received email "U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice" today. I live in Jersey Channel Island but I really hope I will get my passport back next week as I need to hand in my notice at work.  Once all done, I will put my timeline on here hoping it will help others in the future. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.