14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please some one help me. I am filing the I-129f by myself and I dont understand some things on the form. In part 2 of the form it asks questions about your beneficiary, who is that, me or her?? if it is me why is it repeating the same questions it just asked about me. if it is her why dont it say her. im confused. Im doing all this myself because I cant afford a lawyer. 

2 minutes ago, flyboyof3 said:

Please some one help me. I am filing the I-129f by myself and I dont understand some things on the form. In part 2 of the form it asks questions about your beneficiary, who is that, me or her?? if it is me why is it repeating the same questions it just asked about me. if it is her why dont it say her. im confused. Im doing all this myself because I cant afford a lawyer. 

the beneficiary.. is your fiancee..

17 minutes ago, flyboyof3 said:

If you are the US citizen then you are the petitioner, and your fiancee is the beneficiary. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, flyboyof3 said:

Thank you so much for your replies. I understand now. 

Im 69 and my fiance is 60. I dont want to second guess any thing and get it  wrong and be denied her coming here. We are deeply in love and want to spend the rest of our lives together here. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, flyboyof3 said:

Im 69 and my fiance is 60. I dont want to second guess any thing and get it  wrong and be denied her coming here. We are deeply in love and want to spend the rest of our lives together here. 

If you want to lessen your chances of RFE or denial, then you should probably research the entire process and the requirements of each step. 

💌I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

⚠️NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

⚠️NOA2: 2024-08-02

📤USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

📤NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

📥Embassy Received: 2024-09-30

⚕️Medical:

📋K1 Interview:

🪪K1 Visa Received: 

🛬POE:

💒Married:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, flyboyof3 said:

Although we are are not lawyers. That's what this site is designed for.

Asking questions, to get help. So, don't be afraid to simply ask.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

again I thank all of you for your info and help. on the I-129f directions it ask for a passport style picture from me and and a color passport style picture of my fiance taken 30 days before I file my I-129f form. How do I get a picture of her like that to me.  

18 minutes ago, flyboyof3 said:

again I thank all of you for your info and help. on the I-129f directions it ask for a passport style picture from me and and a color passport style picture of my fiance taken 30 days before I file my I-129f form. How do I get a picture of her like that to me.  

She goes to a photo place in her country of residence, takes the picture according to the required measurements and asks for a digital photo. She emails you the photo and you print it out here in the US. 

Timeline

You really need to print out all of the instructions, then look them over closely. Some boxes & questions will be easy, some harder, likely need information from your beneficiary. Any part you’re not sure about, set it aside, collect the information.

You likely will end up doing it in stages, closely checking things. By taking your time, the idea is to avoid the ‘RFE’, which will slow things down.

Good luck. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, powerpuff said:

She goes to a photo place in her country of residence, takes the picture according to the required measurements and asks for a digital photo. She emails you the photo and you print it out here in the US. 

My Fiance sent me the digital photo of her official passport photo she took in the Phils.  I went to Walgreens and they were able to print an official passport photo.  It cost me $15 but well worth the time saved and risk of loss via mail.

Edited by thonati

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.