Moda25

Passport and Documents Delivery after Interview with DX Courier service

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Have recently booked DX for delivery. Reading the instructions it looks like a lot of ID is needed is the recipient does not sign on delivery. You can track and will have an idea of when it will be delivered. Maybe the best option to be at Grandmas to sign.

I did look at the instructions but I think it said on initial delivery that it can be delivered to an adult willing to sign for it (but it doesn't mention having ID for this) but if redelivery needed then a few bits of ID for me and my grandma along with a letter of authorisation from me for her to sign on my behalf for it?

Have you requested for it to be delivered to a third party?

It’s going to a different address, but will be there to sign. I don’t want to take any chances with anyone else attempting to sign and the potential of added problems or abortive delivery. After 3 strikes you have to go to the local DX office and pick it up with ID, that’s a 40 mile drive in my case. Life will revolve around DX and the certainty of securing the passport. Will keep an eye on tracking detail and stay home for that delivery window.

Edited by Tesco
Typo

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tesco said:

It’s going to a different address, but will be there to sign. I don’t want to take any chances with anyone else attempting to sign and the potential of added problems or abortive delivery. After 3 strikes you have to go to the local DX office and pick it up with ID, that’s a 40 mile drive in my case. Life will revolve around DX and the certainty of securing the passport. Will keep an eye on tracking detail and stay home for that delivery window.

That's understandable with your reasons of not wanting anybody else to sign for your package.

I do WFH sometimes but it is very rare and it depends on my manager approving. I have attached a screenshot on the delivery page - so it says the Care Of field is for the person who will be signing for it but I am just concerned that if I am approved that if the package arrives in someone else's name instead of mine whether it would cause an issue for Border Officials at POE?

image.png

Posted (edited)

@SL2024You have the option to pick it up at the DX store. I won’t advise you take off and stay home to wait for it because most of the time, they don’t deliver it on the same day as the tracking says. If you can work at your grandmas, then do that. I remember after my husband waited for 2 days with no delivery, he had to call their customer service to arrange for the next day delivery. On the 3rd day, he gave his ID to his sister to receive it on his behalf. 

Edited by Moda25

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Moda25 said:

@TescoYou have the option to pick it up at the DX store. I won’t advise you take off and stay home to wait for it because most of the time, they don’t deliver it on the same day as the tracking says. If you can work at your grandmas, then do that. I remember after my husband waited for 2 days with no delivery, he had to call their customer service to arrange for the next day delivery. On the 3rd day, he gave his ID to his sister to receive it on his behalf. 

Do you know if it is possible to authorise somebody to sign on your behalf before the initial delivery at all? As in if you receive tracking details can you access them and update delivery details with authorisation to be signed for by a third party?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Moda25 said:

@SL2024You have the option to pick it up at the DX store. I won’t advise you take off and stay home to wait for it because most of the time, they don’t deliver it on the same day as the tracking says. If you can work at your grandmas, then do that. I remember after my husband waited for 2 days with no delivery, he had to call their customer service to arrange for the next day delivery. On the 3rd day, he gave his ID to his sister to receive it on his behalf. 

Apologies - I probably didn't explain it very well when I said I will be at work (I will be in the office) not working at my grandmas so will need her to sign on my behalf.

@SL2024 No, that wasn’t an option. You are not given the opportunity to make any changes. However, I can assure you the delivery company is not as strict as you may think. They don’t care much about who signs and receives the package. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Moda25 said:

@SL2024 No, that wasn’t an option. You are not given the opportunity to make any changes. However, I can assure you the delivery company is not as strict as you may think. They don’t care much about who signs and receives the package. 

I did see point 2 on the attached so it sounds like it could be in the relevant name for delivery but they will just deliver to whoever is willing to sign for it?

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 20.30.39.png

@SL2024 Trust me, you are lucky if they come on time and I can 99.99% assure you they won’t return with your package because you authorized your grandma to sign. Those delivery drivers don’t care that much. The one my husband had lied twice that he was at his house and there was no one home. Meanwhile, my husband called off from work for two days just to stay home and wait for the delivery guy. He would track the van to a place close to his home and when he thinks he’s finally here, he won’t show up. He finally had to call for them to change him. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Moda25 said:

@SL2024 Trust me, you are lucky if they come on time and I can 99.99% assure you they won’t return with your package because you authorized your grandma to sign. Those delivery drivers don’t care that much. The one my husband had lied twice that he was at his house and there was no one home. Meanwhile, my husband called off from work for two days just to stay home and wait for the delivery guy. He would track the van to a place close to his home and when he thinks he’s finally here, he won’t show up. He finally had to call for them to change him. 

Sorry but where abouts in the UK did this happen with your husband?

@SL2024 In London! I believe they have only one option to choose from for those in London. I know another person who’s got delayed for only one day. However, I believe everyone’s case is different depending on the delivery driver. They have very bad reviews online though.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Just now, Moda25 said:

@SL2024 That’s good to know. Congratulations to you. When was your visa issued?

Thank you @Moda25! Interview was last Thursday (8th August) and then was issued the day after on Friday (9th August).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.