Deejee

AP - Administrative Processing

11 posts in this topic

Good afternoon all.

I should be grateful if you would kindly share your experience please.  How long has someone been or was at AP - Administrative Processing status on CEAC for CR1 ?

Thank you everyone. 

@nbar Thank you. That's amazing! Wish that was our case. CO wanted me to reupload a document and said apart from that she could not see any problem and that I didnt need to go back to the embassy again. 

Posted (edited)

@Deejee I have been in AP for IR1 since 17th April. The CO said to me all my docs are good and there is nothing more needed from me but it needs further processing. They also kept my passport. 
I have contacted them (about 2-3 weeks ago) and got the standard government department answer back that had no actual information of any use in it.  It’s really really frustrating. 

Edited by Bizzo840

On 5/30/2024 at 10:59 AM, Bizzo840 said:

@Deejee I have been in AP for IR1 since 17th April. The CO said to me all my docs are good and there is nothing more needed from me but it needs further processing. They also kept my passport. 
I have contacted them (about 2-3 weeks ago) and got the standard government department answer back that had no actual information of any use in it.  It’s really really frustrating. 

Hey! We perhaps were in the embassy same day.. was also placed on Ap.. no further info was required and passport kept.. counting the days .. pretty frustrating ordeal indeed 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my case is in Egypt and i’ve been in AP DS5535 10 months, it should take longer for me because it’s a MENA case but there’s backlog and from what i’ve seen even in Canada it’s taking around a year

@Deejee My husband was at the London embassy on November 16, 2023 and was placed on AP. In our case, they required original copies so we had to mail them. There was another lady who had her interview a day after my husband did at the same embassy and she just had to upload her documents on CAEC just like yours and she was approved in about 6 weeks after the interview. For us, I think they wanted to do more review or investigation on our case so it took 6 months before the visa was issued. So in conclusion, each case is different. It might take days, weeks, months or in some instances years. It all depends on your case.

Thank you @Moda25 and Thank you all for sharing. 

my visa was issued on May 30th. Passport June 6th. 

Nov 13th 2022 - Submitted petition 
April 5th 2024 - interview in London (CO requested me to re-upload a divorce doc on CEAC as she could not see it in her system)

May 30th 2024 - visa issued 

June 6th 2024 - passport arrived 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.