Gaiden79

A few questions for the I-864 form [multiple threads on the topic of I-864/supporting evidence merged]

21 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've been around these forums for years but finally just about a month ago I got a 2nd job and I finally meet the income requirements for my wife's IR-1 visa for the Philippines. Currently her case is at the NVC and just waiting for my updated paperwork to be submitted. Her priority date is July 3, 2019.

I got my 1st job in Jan 2024 and the 2nd in Mar 2024, before that I never met the income requirements for years. (I did have various jobs before this, but nothing consistent or that got close to meeting income requirements.

My Question is: How long should I wait (if at all), to submit my income information? I just want to make sure I waited long enough and have enough paystubs to have the best chances of being approved. 

Thank you so much all!

Married: 9/27/2017

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Redro said:

One or two paystubs… and then upload a copy of your work offer… 

And at least one pay stub from each employer, that represents a full pay period.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

20 hours ago, Redro said:

One or two paystubs… and then upload a copy of your work offer… 

Thank you. By "work offer" do you mean when they started my employment and my rate of pay?

10 hours ago, pushbrk said:

And at least one pay stub from each employer, that represents a full pay period.

Thank you sir. By full pay period do you mean just how often they pay me like weekly, bi-weekly, etc?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gaiden79 said:

Thank you sir. By full pay period do you mean just how often they pay me like weekly, bi-weekly, etc?

Yes

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I almost have everything together for my wife's NVC documents to be submitted on the CEAC website. I am worried because I don't have any income to show for 2021 (I was taking care of my grandmother as payment for staying in her home). I don't even know if I'm supposed to file taxes because it's zero.

Also my income for 2022 and 2023 will be low because it was just some Uber I did and I had long periods of unemployment. NOW in 2024 my income skyrocketed and I'm like 12k above the annual income requirement for petitioning my wife (household size of 5). 

My question is, will I still qualify for the Affidavit of Support requirements without issues? Thank you so much!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Gaiden79 said:

Hey all, I almost have everything together for my wife's NVC documents to be submitted on the CEAC website. I am worried because I don't have any income to show for 2021 (I was taking care of my grandmother as payment for staying in her home). I don't even know if I'm supposed to file taxes because it's zero.

Also my income for 2022 and 2023 will be low because it was just some Uber I did and I had long periods of unemployment. NOW in 2024 my income skyrocketed and I'm like 12k above the annual income requirement for petitioning my wife (household size of 5). 

My question is, will I still qualify for the Affidavit of Support requirements without issues? Thank you so much!

Unless you are self employed, the tax section is just informational. You are not required to qualify for the past three years.  You are required to qualify NOW.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

16 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Unless you are self employed, the tax section is just informational. You are not required to qualify for the past three years.  You are required to qualify NOW.  

Thank you for the answer. I do see some posts here about people getting rejected based on past year tax income being too low though, or did I misunderstand? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gaiden79 said:

Thank you for the answer. I do see some posts here about people getting rejected based on past year tax income being too low though, or did I misunderstand? 

Unless it was India, or they were self employed, I expect you misunderstood.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Hey all, I just came across a statement on the Affidavit of Support I-864 form that says I need proof of US Citizenship to submit it. I didn't misunderstand it right? I'm assuming i can just upload my birth certificate along with it on the CEAC website. Thank you!

Hi all, just doing some finishing touches on the I-864 AoS form and had a few questions. 

1). On page 1 Mailing Address for "Street Number and Name" my wife has no street name so would I put "NA" or give a description of her location like on the DS-260?

2). On page 4 it asks for "Current Individual Annual Income." How exactly do I calculate this? Just multiply my weekly gross income by 52 weeks? Just making sure I do it the way they want.

3). For page 7 do I just check box "1.a" and fillout sponsors contact information?

4). Do I need to print the I-864 and sign it by hand and then scan/upload?

Thank you so much!

I will just upload my 2023 tax return instead of a transcript. I saw that it's ok to do that as long as I include my w-2s, etc with it. I filed it electronically, but do I have to print and sign/date it and then scan/upload? Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.