5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my dad used to work in Saudi and Yemen in a construction company. his last country of work was Yemen.

he returned back to India in 2015. and has not leave India ever since. he is an Indian citizen. he renewed his Indian passport in 2019 as his previous one expired.

i want to know is will he need police clearance for all the countries he has been to work for especially Yemen.

he has been leaving in India since 2015 so i will have to get Indian PCC.

does NVC checks all our past history work experiences and living addresses.

can someone please help. thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Posted (edited)

He will have to provide police certificate based on the table below if those documents are available and needed per the document reciprocity tables for each country.  If he ever lived in any country for 12 months or more (16 years old or older), he will have to provide the police certificates unless they are not available or not needed per link below:

U.S. Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country (state.gov)

(For Yemen, it states "There does not appear to be a national database of criminal activity for Yemen. As there is no central database, these certificates are unreliable and are not required for Immigrant Visa processing.")

image.thumb.png.8d6a92d441bf0913d4552b30033b0852.png

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/26/2024 at 12:44 PM, Crazy Cat said:

He will have to provide police certificate based on the table below if those documents are available and needed per the document reciprocity tables for each country.  If he ever lived in any country for 12 months or more (16 years old or older), he will have to provide the police certificates unless they are not available or not needed per link below:

U.S. Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country (state.gov)

(For Yemen, it states "There does not appear to be a national database of criminal activity for Yemen. As there is no central database, these certificates are unreliable and are not required for Immigrant Visa processing.")

image.thumb.png.8d6a92d441bf0913d4552b30033b0852.png

so then he does not need the papers as there is no database. He did live in yemen and bahrain for 12 months and he was 16 and older. so looking at this he will need for Bahrain but Yemen should not be needed. correct.

can you please also help me for my mum, she did in and out of Uganda for 3 years, i believe she never lived for more than 6 months. does she need police cert.

She also visited London and lived there for 5 months on visiting visas. so i need police cert for this.

for all this i am looking at the govt website but its very difficult.

anyone please help. thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, karishma said:

he will need for Bahrain

Police Certificates

Available

Fees: 1 BD

Document Name: Good Conduct Certificate

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Interior, General Directorate of Crime Detection & Evidence, Department of Criminal Information

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: White paper, English on left, Arabic on right, stamped and signed at the bottom of the paper in the middle. Photo of applicant included.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Varies, typically Director General

Registration Criteria: Must be a Bahrain citizen or resident with valid CPR card/residency permit.

Procedure for Obtaining:

General Requirements:

• Copy of a valid passport
  • Personal photo with white or grey background
  • Letter from the entity wishing to employ the applicant or the requesting party.  In the case of an immigrant visa applicant, U.S. Embassy Manama does not provide this letter.  Applicants may simply use the information packet sent from NVC.
  • Original fingerprints of the fingers and palm if the applicant is outside the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Special Requirements for Non-Bahrainis (in addition, to the general requirements)

• Copy of the Bahraini ID Card (CPR)
  • Copy of the residence permit (residence permit in Kingdom of Bahrain is required for 6 months in continuous manner)

Certified Copies Available: Yes

Alternate Documents: N/A

Exceptions: N/A

Comments: Available through Bahrain embassies abroad.  For those abroad, this service is provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Information can be found on their website.  May be issued in electronic format, and can be verified through their website.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Police Certificates

Available

Fees: 1 BD

Document Name: Good Conduct Certificate

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Interior, General Directorate of Crime Detection & Evidence, Department of Criminal Information

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: White paper, English on left, Arabic on right, stamped and signed at the bottom of the paper in the middle. Photo of applicant included.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Varies, typically Director General

Registration Criteria: Must be a Bahrain citizen or resident with valid CPR card/residency permit.

Procedure for Obtaining:

General Requirements:

• Copy of a valid passport
  • Personal photo with white or grey background
  • Letter from the entity wishing to employ the applicant or the requesting party.  In the case of an immigrant visa applicant, U.S. Embassy Manama does not provide this letter.  Applicants may simply use the information packet sent from NVC.
  • Original fingerprints of the fingers and palm if the applicant is outside the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Special Requirements for Non-Bahrainis (in addition, to the general requirements)

• Copy of the Bahraini ID Card (CPR)
  • Copy of the residence permit (residence permit in Kingdom of Bahrain is required for 6 months in continuous manner)

Certified Copies Available: Yes

Alternate Documents: N/A

Exceptions: N/A

Comments: Available through Bahrain embassies abroad.  For those abroad, this service is provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Information can be found on their website.  May be issued in electronic format, and can be verified through their website.

thank you for your help. can you also please help on my mum's if possible. this is really challenging things. They lived in these countries when they were very young.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.