MonicainMarrakech

Outside Normal Processing

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone ! I posted something in a different forum but probably should have tried here. I was wondering if anyone else is facing a long wait time to get an interview letter for Casablanca ? We filed in Feb 2022. We are working with a lawyer and they submitted everything correctly. DS 160 fees have been paid since October. Congress man and senator are no help. Emails to the consulate are going unanswered and we are at 10 months since our case has been in their hands . They received our file in July 2023. I want to see if anyone else has gone through this or is going through this and any suggestions other than just waiting ...I want to be sure this is normal because they used to not take this long but then again they do not work cases in order but it seems they are approving marriage ones faster than fiance ones and we are being left in the back burner. I just wanted to write on here to see if there are any other people that are waiting an extended amount of time for the interview letter to finally arrive. Thanks in advance !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Theoretically you could file a WoM, now whether that would be a good idea is another matter...

Very difficult to comment with no information.

Certainly something to consider.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the queue is long but embassy site says

If it has been three to four months after DHS has approved your petition and your fiancée has still not received an instruction packet, you should contact the Consulate or the original DHS office where the petition was approved. You can contact the Immigrant Visa Unit at ivcasablanca@state.gov.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Theoretically you could file a WoM, now whether that would be a good idea is another matter...

Very difficult to comment with no information.

Certainly something to consider.

Yes , I had spoken with my lawyer about it. It’s so expensive and because we are literally near 1 year and anything can pop up now I would be so disappointed if I paid over $4000 only to hear something back from consulate without WOM  because to  file  it takes 90 days for a response from what I read. Thanks for that Boiler. I know my options are limited at this point. Hopefully I can hear something soon. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the queue is long but embassy site says

If it has been three to four months after DHS has approved your petition and your fiancée has still not received an instruction packet, you should contact the Consulate or the original DHS office where the petition was approved. You can contact the Immigrant Visa Unit at ivcasablanca@state.gov.

Hey there JeaneAdil ! Yes I did that too and it directs me to the navigator but no one responds when I send an email. I understand its a waiting game for now. Hope I hear something soon. 

Timeline

Unfortunately I don't have any helpful advice other than keep waiting. I did hear that Casablanca recently sent out a few more K-1 interview dates this past week. I even heard that one person who received an interview date had been waiting since March 2023. Others were all in the June - September 2023 range. Interviews are being scheduled as far out as August 2024.

Hoping that you will hear something very soon!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, MonicainMarrakech said:

Hey there JeaneAdil ! Yes I did that too and it directs me to the navigator but no one responds when I send an email. I understand its a waiting game for now. Hope I hear something soon. 

incha allah

then 

email the site at least once a week /bug the system

Casa changed from scheduling our own to the embassy doing it

when people were scheduling their own,  they often made an appointment and then finding another closer one , also scheduled that one without canceling the further out date.  this made a mess at the embassy so now its their job

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
13 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Unfortunately I don't have any helpful advice other than keep waiting. I did hear that Casablanca recently sent out a few more K-1 interview dates this past week. I even heard that one person who received an interview date had been waiting since March 2023. Others were all in the June - September 2023 range. Interviews are being scheduled as far out as August 2024.

Hoping that you will hear something very soon!

Thank you 😊 this gives me an idea. Hopefully our is next since its within that range as well. 

Wow you been waiting since October for an interview? I am going through Casablanca embassy as well. We are waiting 3 months now and hear nothing DS160 paid everything. I have been emailing them as well and they never answer, I have called to. Nothing works. Seeing you have been waiting since October is so disheartening… I was expecting 3-6 months to get an interview not  waiting another year… This is so ridiculous it is taking so long. I am sorry you’re in this position. This really makes me worried.. damn. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Azrael23 said:

Wow you been waiting since October for an interview? I am going through Casablanca embassy as well. We are waiting 3 months now and hear nothing DS160 paid everything. I have been emailing them as well and they never answer, I have called to. Nothing works. Seeing you have been waiting since October is so disheartening… I was expecting 3-6 months to get an interview not  waiting another year… This is so ridiculous it is taking so long. I am sorry you’re in this position. This really makes me worried.. damn. 

we have been waiting since July 2023 my friend. We paid the ds 160 in October lol. Yeah it’s ridiculous. 

Damn.. I hope you hear something soon that is horrendous. When the welcome letter and interview date arrive do they physical mail it or do they email it? Does it go to the petitioner and beneficiary or just the beneficiary?  I saw some people got an interview on May 28th. This whole process is crazy. I really hope you get your interview like asap. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Azrael23 said:

Damn.. I hope you hear something soon that is horrendous. When the welcome letter and interview date arrive do they physical mail it or do they email it? Does it go to the petitioner and beneficiary or just the beneficiary?  I saw some people got an interview on May 28th. This whole process is crazy. I really hope you get your interview like asap. 

Yeah its terrible. I believe the interview letter are supposed to be through email if I’m not mistaken and yes, the process is a little bit kooky. But it appears that other people are waiting for an extended amount of time as well. It’s just disheartening because there playing with peoples lives and it’s so unfair and it’s also unfair that they don’t work the cases in order. It’s also unfair that they don’t even reply to our emails, we will see what happens. We continue to remain hopeful.

Timeline

September will come quikcer than you know.  Start preparing all what he needs for the interview.

Best Wishes.

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULE:  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

05/14/2024:     APPROVED  

June 5th, 2024:   OATH CEREMONY DAY:       Will be done with USCIS  ♥♥

June 5th 2024:  My husband became a US Citizen ♥♥   1, 474 New US Citizens sworn in- Houston, Tx. 

The End of a Very long journey! 

Mickey Mouse Happy Dance GIF by hoppip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.O.S.  FROM EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

Timeline

Best to you on the interview

Be sure to take all originals as u don't want to have to submit them after and be in never ending AP for document review

AP while waiting for the visa to print should be short

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.