Korede Temi

Questions About K1 Visa Process: Documents, Paystubs, and Interview Preparation

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

A pay stub from a few days ago in combination with an employment letter that was signed also a few days ago is literally the definition of current income and sure is a better indicator of current than what you made last year.

Again, unless you’re trying to HIDE the fact that you’re no longer employed or making much less, how is this bad advice? And what if the officer straight up asks you what’s your petitioners salary, you’re gonna go off of what they made last year on their tax transcripts even though it might be different from now? That’s just lying and fraud. 

I’d rather avoid unnecessary delays. And again, I had to hand in tax transcripts, employment letter and pay stubs. I picked up my visa the very next day. Your advice would have caused me a delay of who knows how long. For example, at Montreal consulate this would have resulted in a 6-8 week delay. 

Oh really. I gave my fiancée >>>ONLY<<< my tax transcripts and she got her visa the very next day also. So what is the common denominator in both our stories? 😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
37 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

A pay stub from a few days ago in combination with an employment letter that was signed also a few days ago is literally the definition of current income and sure is a better indicator of current than what you made last year.

Again, unless you’re trying to HIDE the fact that you’re no longer employed or making much less, how is this bad advice? And what if the officer straight up asks you what’s your petitioners salary, you’re gonna go off of what they made last year on their tax transcripts even though it might be different from now? That’s just lying and fraud. 

I’d rather avoid unnecessary delays. And again, I had to hand in tax transcripts, employment letter and pay stubs. I picked up my visa the very next day. Your advice would have caused me a delay of who knows how long. For example, at Montreal consulate this would have resulted in a 6-8 week delay. 

So now, from what you have said. Does my fiance need to send me her paystubs, tax transcripts for the past 3 years? And the i-134 can be filled digitally or filled handwritten before faxing it to me? Are these instructions not going to be on the packet 3? 

1 hour ago, Korede Temi said:

So now, from what you have said. Does my fiance need to send me her paystubs, tax transcripts for the past 3 years? And the i-134 can be filled digitally or filled handwritten before faxing it to me? Are these instructions not going to be on the packet 3? 

I guess it depends which advice you’d like to take :) I had my now-husband send me tax return transcripts, paystubs and an employment letter. I prefer to have something and it not be asked for rather than them requesting something at the interview and me not having it, which would cause delays.

I-134 can be filled digitally, he signs it by hand, scans it and emails you and then you print it out. 

Each packet 3 is different. Some consulates don’t even send one. I can’t really answer that as I went through a different consulate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.