ToNhi

How to Register Delivery Address for K-1 for Vietnam

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi, 

I received my letter from the NVC and am trying to register my Fiancee's delivery address so that she can receive Packet 3 for the instructions on applying for the Visa, Pre-interview checklist, and appointment scheduling. I am currently stuck on the first page as it asks for the DS-160 Confirmation Code, but we have not received Package 3 yet so we can't apply? Have any recent Vietnam K-1 applicants figured out how to register the Fiance/Fiancee's home address for Package 3 delivery? Do we follow the instructions and complete the DS-160 before receiving Package 3? 

Thank you! 

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 12.14.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 12.27.56 PM.png

K-1 Journey:

I-129F Sent: December 04, 2023 

I-129F Received: December 07, 2023 

I-129F NOA1: December 11, 2023 

I-129F NOA2: April 18, 2024
Case Sent to NVC: April 19, 2024 

NVC Case # Assigned: May 7, 2024

Case Left NVC: May 21, 2024 

Consulate Received: May 23, 2024 

Packet 3 Received: June 2, 2024 

Packet 3 Sent: June 3, 2024 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
18 hours ago, ToNhi said:

Hi, 

I received my letter from the NVC and am trying to register my Fiancee's delivery address so that she can receive Packet 3 for the instructions on applying for the Visa, Pre-interview checklist, and appointment scheduling. I am currently stuck on the first page as it asks for the DS-160 Confirmation Code, but we have not received Package 3 yet so we can't apply? Have any recent Vietnam K-1 applicants figured out how to register the Fiance/Fiancee's home address for Package 3 delivery? Do we follow the instructions and complete the DS-160 before receiving Package 3? 

Thank you! 

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 12.14.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 12.27.56 PM.png

Did you follow the instructions from the embassy?

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-iv-kvisa.asp

Timeline
Posted (edited)

Hi @Liam2021, yes but I was told to wait to receive Packet 3 before applying for the Visa. The instructions on USTravelDocs requires a DS-160 confirmation code (from the Visa application) in order to continue with registering a delivery address. 

Edited by ToNhi

K-1 Journey:

Timeline
20 minutes ago, ToNhi said:

Hi @Liam2021, yes but I was told to wait to receive Packet 3 before applying for the Visa. The instructions on USTravelDocs requires a DS-160 confirmation code (from the Visa application) in order to continue with registering a delivery address. 

Yes, it correct. With HCM embassy, you have to wait until they reach out to you with PKT3. If you want one step ahead, send an inquiry to them.

Timeline

Should I send an inquiry to have them reach out to me through Email to receive Pkt 3? Since I don't have an address registered for them to deliver it to my Fiancee. Do you know if HCM Embassy sends Pkt3 by email or by physical letter? If it is a physical letter, then I would need to figure out a way to register my Fiancee's address without the need of the DS-160 confirmation code, unless the Embassy is just using her address that is on the I-129F application to mail it out. It's a semi-rural address and her house doesn't have a house number plaque.

K-1 Journey:

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ToNhi said:

Should I send an inquiry to have them reach out to me through Email to receive Pkt 3? Since I don't have an address registered for them to deliver it to my Fiancee. Do you know if HCM Embassy sends Pkt3 by email or by physical letter? If it is a physical letter, then I would need to figure out a way to register my Fiancee's address without the need of the DS-160 confirmation code, unless the Embassy is just using her address that is on the I-129F application to mail it out. It's a semi-rural address and her house doesn't have a house number plaque.

PKT3 will send by email( if you put your email when fill out the form).

Timeline

Thank you so much @Liam2021! I was worried sick since my fiancee's semi-rural address rarely receives any mails, letters, or packages delivered to them. As for passport delivery (in the near future), there should be a way for her to pickup at the post office somehow? 

K-1 Journey:

Timeline
1 hour ago, ToNhi said:

Thank you so much @Liam2021! I was worried sick since my fiancee's semi-rural address rarely receives any mails, letters, or packages delivered to them. As for passport delivery (in the near future), there should be a way for her to pickup at the post office somehow? 

The local post office will call, or hand delivery to you. I know you very exited and worry, but don't get too stress about these minor things and more focus on the interview.

My fiance recently got the packet through a courier on 5/10.

She lives in a smaller town (small town in Tay Ninh province) and the courier texted her first. She paid a bit over 100K in dong to the courier.

I did not fill out the address until she got the packet and finished filling out the DS-160.

You guys got this!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you, @tnkim! My Fiancee just received her Packet 3 Instructions this early morning! 

K-1 Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.