9 posts in this topic

Hello, 

Does anybody else experience a long wait at NVC currently? I've missed several shipments now and cases that were approved after me are already "ready" at the embassy in Stockholm, Sweden. 

I know it's too early to panic (it's been a little over 2 months) but who do we contact if we still haven't heard back after 2-3 months? My embassy is not supposed to be busy and the next available appointment is July 1st so I'm just a bit surprised that we haven't moved forward yet... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

have you received your case number from NVC?

If not you should submit an inquiry to them and get that case number or find out the status of your case

If your case hasn't been sent to the embassy yet that you are aware of, you would need to contact the NVC to get any updates.

I-129f/K-1 Visa

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

We are in the same boat for Mumbai consulate. NOA2 Feb 27th. NVC received on Mar 21st. Still in NVC. We have a case number and the status is "At NVC." We received the generic email yesterday. It states...

"This notice is to inform you that NVC is currently holding your approved From I-129F and it has been at least 60 days since we received it from USCIS..."

Kind of worried and frustrated that it is taking so long.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Coming up on three months now since our case was sent to the NVC.  I feel for you, OP.  It seems trivial and particularly unfair when you see other cases that received approvals for the same embassy, move before you.

I have theories as to why this is, but it's all speculative.  I would just advise to continue to check in with the NVC for case status every 2 weeks, just to stay on top of it.  You'll likely just receive a template reply stating that your case is there, but at least there's documentation of them confirming that.  Should it start to take several months, you can reach out to your congressperson in your district or state senator for assistance. 

Just be clear that you are not asking for your case to be expedited, and that you simply need assistance with communicating to the department of state that your case has exceeded expected wait times.  I've got zero confirmation that this does anything, I just see it suggested a lot here.  Personally my politicians mistook my request for an expedite, so just from my experience, be very clear on what you're asking. 

JHVISAJOURNEY (1).png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
22 hours ago, KKcCc said:

We are in the same boat for Mumbai consulate. NOA2 Feb 27th. NVC received on Mar 21st. Still in NVC. We have a case number and the status is "At NVC." We received the generic email yesterday. It states...

"This notice is to inform you that NVC is currently holding your approved From I-129F and it has been at least 60 days since we received it from USCIS..."

Kind of worried and frustrated that it is taking so long.

I got the same email as well, and was like, I guess they're aware it's taken an unusually long time and it hasn't slipped off a desk by accident 😂

JHVISAJOURNEY (1).png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.