2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good evening everyone.  We have finally arrived at the AOS stage and I am a bit confused.  Do we receive a new case number/NOA1?  My bank account was debited for the Elgin lockbox today but I didnt receive a text/email notification.  I am curious on how to check our case status?  

Thanks in advance

Seth & Hoa

4 hours ago, ATCSUSNRET said:

Good evening everyone.  We have finally arrived at the AOS stage and I am a bit confused.  Do we receive a new case number

Yes. You'll receive a new RECEIPT number (case number is for VISAS) for each of the AOS forms you filed (I485, I765 and I131).

If you filed a G1145 ontop of your AOS packet, you'll receive a text and/or email for each application with your corresponding RECEIPT number. 

If you did not file a G1145 with your packet, you won't receive your RECEIPT numbers until your

/NOA1? 

...'s come in the mail for each application. 

My bank account was debited for the Elgin lockbox today but I didnt receive a text/email notification.  I am curious on how to check our case status?  

Thanks in advance

Seth & Hoa

Noa1 can take up to 30 days from when the shipment was received not sent before you are eligible to place an enquiry to the Lockbox.

There is no timeline for any steps inbetween. 

You check your status when Noa1 comes in the mail anyways. Receiving the text or email does not enable that eligibility. 

If you DID file G1145 AND received the email, it will remind you that you need to wait for Noa1 to check your status online. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.