samneil10

Salary and balance

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Could you explain  how this arises?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 5/21/2024 at 6:25 PM, jan22 said:

He’s applying for a non-immigrant visa, so there’s no place on the application asking specifics about financing.  Financial resources might be asked about in the interview — where you’re right about telling the truth! — but maybe not even then.

So having a fairly good amount of savings in the bank with a mediocre salary isnt an issue? I wont b questioned abt it? I have consistently deposited paychecks and i save on expenses since i stay jointly with my parents

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you completed the Ds 160.

If not have you looked at the questions they ask.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 5/26/2024 at 6:55 AM, Mzk279 said:

What questions? All they ask is employment details and ur salary. It doesn't say anything abt bank balance etc

Exactly.   That is the point we are trying to make…..

I wud like to add a small incident that took place at boston immigration last year in October,  so i was excited when we landed at boston and at the immigration when i was questioned if i had an itinerary i told the officer casually that i always wanted to study at MIT but dint get the oppurtunity so i finished my software studies in india and now i decided to see the place. So he asked me if i wanted to study now to which i said no and he even asked me why not to which i further said "its not possible sir". Before he handed over our passports he said i shud try.

Now i am guessing i wasnt subject to a secondary verification or anything so i wasnt flagged. I was worried for the next few weeks that all this wud be recorded and the american embassy in my country wud question me abt it the next time i applied or i might even be refused. But i left boston in two weeks also which meant i followed the rules.

Hope its not what i think it is as in hope i wasnt flagged

Just now, Mzk279 said:

I am just seeking some assurance on this issue on whether i was flagged was saying i wanted to study at MIT to the cbp

Flagged for what? Telling the truth and then leaving the US on time? You didn't do anything wrong. You are seriously overthinking all of this. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mzk279 said:

But didnt i say i always wanted to study at MIT when asked abt my itinerary?  I shudnt have , i was not fully awake due to the long flight

If the CBP officer was concerned about this indicating immigration intent, they would have refused you entry then. 

Seriously dude. Stop overthinking. Just apply for the visa, go to the interview, and be truthful. Don't worry so much about what you should or shouldn't say or have said.

7 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

I wud like to add a small incident that took place at boston immigration last year in October,  so i was excited when we landed at boston and at the immigration when i was questioned if i had an itinerary i told the officer casually that i always wanted to study at MIT but dint get the oppurtunity so i finished my software studies in india and now i decided to see the place. So he asked me if i wanted to study now to which i said no and he even asked me why not to which i further said "its not possible sir". Before he handed over our passports he said i shud try.

Now i am guessing i wasnt subject to a secondary verification or anything so i wasnt flagged. I was worried for the next few weeks that all this wud be recorded and the american embassy in my country wud question me abt it the next time i applied or i might even be refused. But i left boston in two weeks also which meant i followed the rules.

Hope its not what i think it is as in hope i wasnt flagged

Having visited the US (with, or without, disclosing your dream of studying at the MIT) and RETURNED home on time will weigh more than being paid by cheque, or whatever other method.  Answer the questions truthfully, this is all there is to it. 

Also, try to not be so anxious about it, you might end up looking suspicious.  Breathe and think about the positives of your visit: what do you want to see, why another trip to the US now, how excited you are to see A, B, and C, and then to return home and tell your friends about it - like that, but with your own voice.  You did it before, you can do it again.  

11 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

On the contrary will they ask me to produce copies of paychecks? Coz i dont have them coz i get paychecks from my dad's personal acc who owns the company.

I m sorry but m a lil worried abt the paychecks i receive in Bahrain 

Employment in family business is pretty much unemployment in the eyes of many officials. And if you can't even produce paychecks that just confirms that perception. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.