samneil10

Salary and balance

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have a decent salary of 900bd (2393$)on a sales manager designation in a family business firm since 2012. Is it alright if i hv a balance close to 45k bd ( 119k$)in my acc? I have saved over the years staying jointly with my parents 

Are these good factors for visa approval?

Edited by Mzk279

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well it is not just about money. It can help since they know you can fund your trip yourself,  but they look at the big picture. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

I have a decent salary of 900bd (2393$)on a sales manager designation in a family business firm since 2012. Is it alright if i hv a balance close to 45k bd ( 119k$)in my acc? I have saved over the years staying jointly with my parents 

Are these good factors for visa approval?

You’re not immigrating.   

7 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

Well it is not just about money. It can help since they know you can fund your trip yourself,  but they look at the big picture. 

The reason m asking is coz i got refused for a uk visa 2 yrs ago n i know its coz i dint mention in the form i had savings and that created some misunderstanding which lead to refusal. Fortunately the ds 160 doesn't have such income and expenses questions. 

7 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

The reason m asking is coz i got refused for a uk visa 2 yrs ago n i know its coz i dint mention in the form i had savings and that created some misunderstanding which lead to refusal. Fortunately the ds 160 doesn't have such income and expenses questions. 

You are overthinking it again. Just tell the truth and put whatever the correct figure is. 

Filed: Timeline
48 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

You are overthinking it again. Just tell the truth and put whatever the correct figure is. 

He’s applying for a non-immigrant visa, so there’s no place on the application asking specifics about financing.  Financial resources might be asked about in the interview — where you’re right about telling the truth! — but maybe not even then.

I have a query abt the mode of salary payment i receive every month. 

So its a family business and my dad's the co owner of the firm. i get my paycheck from my father's personal account every month which i deposit in my savings account. So can i get a salary slip from the company and show payment mode as cheque? 

Will this scenario be acceptable by the embassy?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

I have a query abt the mode of salary payment i receive every month. 

So its a family business and my dad's the co owner of the firm. i get my paycheck from my father's personal account every month which i deposit in my savings account. So can i get a salary slip from the company and show payment mode as cheque? 

Will this scenario be acceptable by the embassy?

They are very unlikely to even glance at any supporting documents you bring.   They don’t care about your mode of salary deposit, just that you can pay for your trip and plan to return home after.

Edited by SalishSea

6 hours ago, SalishSea said:

They are very unlikely to even glance at any supporting documents you bring.   They don’t care about your mode of salary deposit, just that you can pay for your trip and plan to return home after.

You might be right but ever since i got a refusal for uk for not filling the income and expenses details they ask in the form, i am a little apprehensive about things. Obviously the us embassy functions differently and i have also heard on occasions they dont even check the bank statements  but i dont wanna take a chance abt the mode of salary payment since its a check coming from my father's personal account.

I do have regular deposits of those checks monthly with payslips on the company letter head.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The usual process is you fill in the DS150, you go to the interview, you are asked 2 0r 3 questions.

I have not heard of anyone being asked how they get paid.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

Yes but what if i get asked about the source of the salary paycheck? Also i was thinking of excluding the check number from the pay slip, so as to not cause confusion

How would this ever arise?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.