52 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Play said:

We need the help of ALL the people in the FORUM.   

The green letter say we have rejected your benefit request for the resons indicated on form I-797C, I have included a white letter which is the I-797C and the reason as We understand is becuase of incorrect payments. we have sent $1960

G-1145  $0

I-485  $1440

I-765 $520

I-864  

WE sent money orders and they still said the amount is incorrect

Letter.jpg

Reason.jpg

The I-765 fee is wrong, it’s $260.

4 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

The I-765 fee is wrong, it’s $260.

Okay thank brother, Do we have to make one money order for 1440 and then another for 260 or they would accept three moeny orders of $500 

465 $1440?

765 $260

WE have three money orders of 500 and we will make one for $260, can we mix it like that? because they don't money orders above 800

4 minutes ago, Play said:

Okay thank brother, Do we have to make one money order for 1440 and then another for 260 or they would accept three moeny orders of $500 

465 $1440?

765 $260

WE have three money orders of 500 and we will make one for $260, can we mix it like that? because they don't money orders above 800

It would be sister :)

I personally never used money orders, I always used personal checks as I wanted to make sure they do not reject the package for any reason. 

But through the years of reading here, I’ve read success stories of multiple money orders so you might be okay. So in your case, it would be one money order of $500, one money order of $500, one money order of $440 and another money order for $260. Just make sure the amounts are exact and I would definitely do the $260 separately as USCIS has a new rule that you can’t combine everything into one amount for separate forms. 

1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

It would be sister :)

I personally never used money orders, I always used personal checks as I wanted to make sure they do not reject the package for any reason. 

But through the years of reading here, I’ve read success stories of multiple money orders so you might be okay. So in your case, it would be one money order of $500, one money order of $500, one money order of $440 and another money order for $260. Just make sure the amounts are exact and I would definitely do the $260 separately as USCIS has a new rule that you can’t combine everything into one amount for separate forms. 

We will do that Sista 🙂

They advised to place the Yellow or Green letter on top of the package. We will restructure the money orders now and then Send it separately. 

1 minute ago, Play said:

We will do that Sista 🙂

They advised to place the Yellow or Green letter on top of the package. We will restructure the money orders now and then Send it separately. 

Yes just follow all the instructions and keep us updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

May 16th AOS filer.  Received an RFE May 28th due to me not providing proof of citizenship with the I-864.  I had assumed that was already established since we were granted the K1 Visa in January.  Uploaded evidence to USCIS account and we went to Biometrics June 16th.  

Good luck to all

Seth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/2/2024 at 2:27 PM, Neerumonga said:

Hi all - Is it okay if we re-submit our AOS, EAD applications to USCIS? 
It’s been 6 weeks now, Neither payment has been processed nor we have received receipts/NOA.. or should we wait for another couple of weeks ?
we sent it to Chicago lockbox, they received it on 23rd May 2024. I wrote to lockbox via email twice but no response yet. It’s been 2 weeks since I sent them an email. 
Any suggestions here? What should we do? 

My initial package was rejected due to Capital One believing USCIS request for payment was fraudulent. It took approx. 8 weeks for Chicago lockbox to return my package. 

Once received, I returned the package (UPS overnight delivery) using checks as opposed to credit card for payment method. I received my work permit two weeks later in the mail. Still waiting for my i-485 to be adjudicated on. 

Frustrating that I had to wait 8 weeks, however re-submitting application my push you further down the line, or cause confusion with USCIS who will assume you have two active applications. 

18 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

My initial package was rejected due to Capital One believing USCIS request for payment was fraudulent. It took approx. 8 weeks for Chicago lockbox to return my package. 

Once received, I returned the package (UPS overnight delivery) using checks as opposed to credit card for payment method. I received my work permit two weeks later in the mail. Still waiting for my i-485 to be adjudicated on. 

Frustrating that I had to wait 8 weeks, however re-submitting application my push you further down the line, or cause confusion with USCIS who will assume you have two active applications. 

How long did it took for them to send you the receipt after you resent the package overnight.

Timeline
On 7/17/2024 at 2:52 PM, Play said:

How long did it took for them to send you the receipt after you resent the package overnight.

Roughly 5 working days. They had already coded, and scanned the paperwork into their system, so it was a case of the USCIS cashing the check and sending a receipt. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Play said:

how can we find out about the code

Sorry, just to clarify, the papers that I had filed were barcoded by the USCIS which means they had been reviewed in some capacity. You will most likely have to wait to receive the return of your package, sorry! 

Timeline
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Can someone help me here. Money taken out from account ELGIN LOCKBOX CAMP SPRING MDUS. No receipt has been received nor text either. What do I need to do? 

Edited by M and Mike

Timeline
On 7/19/2024 at 5:24 PM, M and Mike said:

Hi guys,

Can someone help me here. Money taken out from account ELGIN LOCKBOX CAMP SPRING MDUS. No receipt has been received nor text either. What do I need to do? 

I would either Ask Emma via the online webchat, or contact the USCIS via telephone. The fact the USCIS has taken your money is a good sign that your package has been accepted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.